French Open...How to Enter?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Tim Pritchard, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Tim Pritchard

Tim Pritchard Member

Can anybody tell me how we go about entering the French Open 2010?

2. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

PM me your email address and I will forward an email I have from the organiser

3. Tim Pritchard

Tim Pritchard Member

Thanks for all the pm's . I have the info now. We are sending our entry off this week.

4. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Hope you have fun. It's a brilliant contest and a great weekend away!

5. CJBaggins

CJBaggins Member

Does anyone have the dates for the 2010 French Open?

6. Tim Pritchard

Tim Pritchard Member

it's the 4th June to 6th june with the actual contest on the 5th

7. CJBaggins

CJBaggins Member

Thanks. Am i right in thinking also that theres a March, Set Piece and Entertainment contest for all bands involved?

Sorry to go over things which have probably been said on here many times.

8. Tim Pritchard

Tim Pritchard Member

Yes there is. If you pm me your email address i'll forward you the details that they have sent us. It looks excellent, we are definitely entering.

9. Thirteen Ball

Contest march in the square, then a 25 minute programme which includes the set test piece in the afternoon, and finally a 30 minute (i believe) entertainments programme in the town square.

Other than me thinking there should be a hymn tune (or similar) at the march contest, I think it's a good format.

Take plenty of water into the hall for the set test piece - it gets hot and dry in there....

10. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

Flowers were invited to the 2010 contest and had to decline the invite due to cost. As an unsponsored band we, like most bands, all pay our own way to contests and, with the strength of the euro and the recent price increases in France, it was working out a silly amount - even given the subsidy provided by the Friday concert fee.
    It's probably worth checking how much travel and accomodation will cost before making too many plans.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    anybody
    French Open
  12. Tim Pritchard

Tim Pritchard Member

This is true, but we have to pay a fortune to attend any contest, as we can't just jump on a bus. This sounds like much more fun than most contests.
    It costs us around £6000 to attend the areas every year and then more again for the finals, 3 times in the last 4 years. To be fair Amboise sounds a little nicer to visit than Stevenage! (We'll still be at the areas though.)

13. Thirteen Ball

Oh it is!

And the 'Croque Monsieur' from the small sandwich shop just uphill from the stage in the market square is to die for. I ate about six of them last time I was there....