French Open 2009

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tam-tam2, Feb 8, 2008.

1. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

My band is interested in doing the French Open next year (2009). We would do it this year but have left it a bit late to organise. Does anyone know if the dates for the contest in 2009 have been decided yet?

I went a few years ago and know how good a contest it is and really can't wait to return. I have persuaded Lympstone that going there would be a good thing. If anyone has any info I would be most grateful.:tup
  2. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

Has nobody got any info yet???? :(
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Quick search turned this up on IBEW:

French Open Brass Band Championships - Held in June in the City of Kings, Amboise. Information from AAAB, 48 Rue Rabelais, 37400 Amboise, Loire, France, or Fred Rhodes Tel: +44 (0) 161 620 3199
  4. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Yeah, I have seen that thanks and have e-mailed for information from what I thought was one of the organisers but after quite a few weeks I have had no reply. Is there a band who is going this year (or maybe who went last year) who have any up to date e-mail addresses? My band are very keen to go and I would like to start organising it and costing as soon as I can.

Will ring the number and see what they have to say...cheers.

Thanks in advance....:tup
  5. grausue

grausue Member

Did anyone get any info on this?
  6. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

7. jondaw

jondaw New Member

I received this message from Jacques Gaudet a few weeks ago regarding the 2009 competition.

PM me if you want a copy of the application form - closing date for entries 31 March 2009

Dear Sirs,

We are pleased to inform you of the dates for the:15° French Open Brass Band Championship:
    from - JUNE 5-7, 2009in AMBOISE, Loire Valley,the main event being on Saturday June 6th 2009

-On Friday June 5th at 18:00 we welcome the bands, and at 21:00 is our opening Gala Concert.
    -Saturday June 6th will start the competition at 08:00 in the Theatre
    From 10:00 to 12:00 is a compulsory Music March contest on the Castle place.
    In the afternoon, each band will have to play 20 minutes concert on stages outside in the Town for the entertainment price
    At 21:00 is the Gala Concert with a Guest band and proclamation of the results.
    -Sunday June 7th is an outside Concert on the castle place

You will receive in October by separate mail all the information concerning this event.

We wish to welcome you for this 2009 event, and look forward to your registration – please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, and of course we are,

Yours faithfully.

Jacques GAUDET
    Courtois Paris
    tel 33 (0)2 47 57 68 68
    Fax 33 (0)2 47 57 69 08
    Member of BUFFET CRAMPON group