Freecycle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Di, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Di

Di Active Member

Don't know whether any of you have come across this organisation before, but we stumbled across it a couple of weeks ago and have managed to get rid of a few things from around the house that are just too big or heavy or bulky to get rid of via e-bay/postage, and just didn't want to take to the tip to end up in a landfill site somewhere.

We've joined the Leicestershire group, but see below for your nearest group.

http://www.freecycle.org/display.php?region=United%20Kingdom

Very simple to use. You'll need to register for your local area. You can choose to have all posts emailed to you or just a couple of emails a day with a "daily digest".

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  2. winterman

winterman Member

Been on the Leeds and Bradford sites for a while now, and its bizarre but great.. one mans junk is another mans treasure.

Haven't actually taken anything but people have taken my stuff.. Imagine everything from old used christmas cards to fully working cars and you're on the right lines!!

Have a look if nothing else!

3. Di

Di Active Member

Quite right. The day we signed up we found someone asking for something we could give - a spare caravan tyre! Have gotten rid of a couple of games this week and have some stuff waiting to be collected too. Won't be long before I've managed to clear the house. ;)

4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

We found this a while back. Is great for getting rid of stuff, but also a devil for getting things you don't really want. Bit like eBay. Monkey see, monkey want...
    BMB
    xx

5. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Oooh yes, I came across this at a fete we were playing at last week! It seems like a really good idea - although at first we thought it had something to to with bikes!! :rolleyes: