Free trip to Germany anyone?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by stinkypete, May 22, 2007.

1. stinkypete

stinkypete New Member

The Wessex Military Band is in need of some extra players for a tour of Germany in the first weekend of July 07. Anyone who plays brass or woodwind is welcome. We would be very keen to hear from Trombone, Euph and Bass players.

We are travelling to Lippstadt, near Dortmund, to play for their 200th year celebration of Schutzenfest (very similar to Beer festival)

We have a fair sized band of 25 going but as this is their 200th year we want to give them a good show!

The band travel out to Germany on the evening (8pm) of Thursday 28th June from Luton Airport and return home on Tuesday 3 July (7pm).

The band will cover the cost of flights, accommodation and food. We also get a very generous beer ticket allowance!

Being a military band we do march (nothing complicated) so it would be an advantage to have previous experience.

If you are interested you can find out more about the band at our website www.wessexmilitaryband.co.uk

The band can be contacted on 01308 425010. This is a 24hr answerphone and is regularly checked. If you leave your name and number we will be delighted to get back to you.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

2. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Shame, shame, shame..... Can't make it, but would love to! I have a feeling that, with the prospect of free beer, you're going to have to start auditioning from all the people wanting to go! Or take two bands!

3. basstrom4eva

basstrom4eva Member

Hello Stinkypete,
    I play 2nd/bass trombone with some marching experience and would like to know more. PM me please.

Thanks Dan

4. stinkypete

stinkypete New Member

Update

Just a brief update:

We still have places available to players interested in coming on this trip. Flight times are slightly different to those originally published. We leave from Luton 07:45 Fri 29 June and return 14:35 Tue 3 July.

We won't be booking flights untill the end of next week so have a word with your boss and get in touch.

Pete

5. premacyblue

premacyblue Member

Hi Stinkypete,

As an ex-serviceman (RAF), I've played Tenor/Bass Trombone, Euph, EEb or BBb Bass with Voluntary Bands and have done a few marches in my time. The only instrument that's owned be me though is a tenor Trombone. Your website keeps freezing on my PC. I am interested in this. Can you PM me for more details?