Free the hove edge one !!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DannyCollin, Jan 29, 2009.

1. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

HOVE EDGE has been banned from TMP cos some dozy mod says he has 2 accounts, the other being ROSOLINO. Hove Edge has never been, and never will be Rosolino.

The campaign starts here. So i say to the mods on here

FREE THE HOVE EDGE ONE!! NOW !!

2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

LOl. Bear with us. ;)

3. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

He's not happy about his PM's going to someone else, some were from me an all. He's a tad miffed

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It's being looked into as a priority, it'll get sorted asap.

5. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Lol! Poor Simon...What a travesty! Please make haste, I have noone to spar with!!
    xx

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Just a FYI: all PM's from previous accounts have been set to go nowhere, nobody can see them or read them now.

If Simon wants to discuss this, he's free to email me at john@themouthpiece.com, and i'd be glad to help.

I have sorted rosolino's account earlier today.

Danny - not to keen on your comments. People DO run multiple accounts with the sole intention of causing trouble. We use the built in features of the software used on tMP to help identify these duplicate accounts. Software detection is not infallible, and occasionally gets it wrong - hence is why we do additional checks, occasionally we get it wrong. Life is like that, but it doesn't make for 'dozy mods'.

If people didn't cause trouble, or didn't wish to stir, or wreak havoc, then we wouldn't have cause to undertake the regular clean ups we carry out.

7. Columbo

Columbo Member

To Coin a phrase Donna "Somewhat insensitive" and somewhat coincidental don't you think!
    You've Been Sussed. LOL!

Ps. Meant in jest love! X!

8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Lol!!! Quality...A new sparing partner emerges!

9. Columbo

Columbo Member

I feel there will never be a winner! x!

10. Comrades.
    I call upon you to join our struggle and help free our fallen comrade Hove Edge. His only crime is to speak freely on the Grimethorpe debate and for this he has been banished to the internet abyss. He is now sat at home distraught,depressed and fearful of the future. This sorry little saga has made him nervous to leave the house for fear of being mistaken for somebody else.
    I call upon the Mods to reinstate Hove Edge and let us move on from this awkard situation.

Free the Hove Hedge 1.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    TMP
    HOVE
    HOVE EDGE
    ROSOLINO
    TMP cos
  12. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

Amen Brother BarkingIron

13. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

I think it's intollerable that such an upright citizen of the banding fraternity should be treated in such a manner. I don't know what he is pupported to have said, but I doubt if it was as bad as mine and those things said to me. i.e. suggesting I go for a cup of tea before I have a heart attack. Having had 2 previous ones I am aware of the consequences of such a medical problem.
    I say, lets debate, but not speculate. I always understood a forum to be a debating chamber since Roman times, or is this a gossip column of one of the rubbish daily papers, and should be confined to the top shelf. For those who wish to speculate, as previously suggested, they join the Stock Exchange.

I for one will stand up and speak in defense of Simon, a true bandsman and an example to all.

David James. "Grumpy Old Fart"

14. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Sorry if I'm behind the times here, but whats goin on???

15. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Distraction tactics? :-?

16. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

I am bearing with you, oh worshipful master of cyberspace.

I have a question; why has this thread been confined to the dungeons of the forum, when it's a new thread.

I guess you must have employed a recently out of work American president whose undertsanding of our common language leaves a great deal to be desired. Go home George W Bush, mutilator of the english language!

Grumpy old man!

17. TheMusicMan

I moved it here as it isn't anything to do with 'bandroom news' or 'rehearsals' or... in fact, anything that is remotely interesting to those not involved.

Not quite a pointless thread... yet.

It is a bit of fun, and I am happy to leave it as a bit of fun, but the finger can easily be moved to hover over the close button... and I'll use it too ;)

Enjoy the fun for sure, that's fine, but as soon as it becomes a chore for us to maintain, it might be fun to you but it aint fun to us. Only then will I close it.

Please respect that.

ta

18. Lassonbass

Lassonbass New Member

Hi
    Just to let you supporters of the Hove Edge 1 know, my husband the Hove Edge 1 is still waiting for an explanation from the Mods despite several requests for feedback and reasons for passing on his PMs to other people.

He is locked in the house and is indeed scared to go to band practice tonight in fear of being mistaken for someone else.

Being a sensitive type he is considering requesting a hearing at the European Court of Human rights. Remembering first to implement the disclosure rights regarding the Data Protection Act 1994.

He is however thankful for the support of fair minded people to his plight.

19. TheMusicMan

Yawn yawn, been there, done that, read the book and got the t-shirt I can assure you.

You don't like it, go elsewhere. Simple as really. It is my site and I run it as I like. Period.

20. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

OH NO!!! Free the grey horse from this stable of debauchery...

21. rosolino

rosolino Member

I hope this campaign for Simon to play for free is successful.

It's not the first time Simon has been accused of being rosolino. He was thought to have voted for himself as the best Eb Bass player ... I ask you even Simon's got ears. It was in fact me, honestly ... there I've said it ... I feel it's now time to come out ... I've been suffering for too long from my hearing affliction and enter rehab tomorrow. :biggrin:

I contacted Simon to discuss the fact that I had access to his PM's. He was more than a tad miffed when he realised I could view yours Danny ... he said the vice squad had already been in touch :eek:

Honestly folks when I realised that the PM's were not mine after reading the first one I didn't open the others. That's what alerted me to the fact the mods thought I was Simon and I contacted them immediately. So in fact Danny I instigated the campaign to free him!

Unfortunately Danny yours was the one I read ... are sure it's possible to do that to a horse without a ladder? :wink: And no it wasn't a grey horse Aidan.

The only sad thing in this whole sorry episode that my previous posts are no longer available for future generations to study.

I'm sorry Simon has not heard from the mods and sincerely hope he is out of gaol soon. As John said mistakes do happen and if people have multiple accounts to cause mischief then it can happen. As if that kind of thing goes on ...

On a more serious note I was appalled to read some of the comments directed at the legend that is David James. David is a true gentleman and the number of great players he has helped develop is proof of his ability as one of this country's greatest teachers.

He still finds time to disrupt his busy fishing schedule in sunny Stonehaven to help a number of today's prominent players - not only cornet/trumpet players either.

A bit more respect for the man please. Only a matter of time 'til the knighthood now David. You taught me well - I'm a really great grumpy old man now myself - and by the way I've still got the fag burns!

New thread ... Knighthood for DJ

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    TMP
    HOVE
    HOVE EDGE
    ROSOLINO
    TMP cos