Free help and advice. . . If you want it!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ploughboy, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Howdy All,

In the light of various "companies" offering to sell you advice and publicity for your band, helping to generate more work (if you want it) I would like to offer you all a slightly different service. I know there are plenty of well run bands out there, but there are also plenty i see struggling and often think "why don't they do this" or "try this" - I'm trying not to set myself up as a guru here, just offering some help if anyone wants some . . . . Feel free to ignore me I wont' be offended :)

Brass band advice and troubleshooting. I am not claiming to be an expert in all things brassband, but I have been a large cog in a smooth machine at my band (Emley) and over the last 8 years we have put the band in a strong financially stable position, we turn down probably 3 gigs to every 1 we take on, we play to sold out venues (we're only a lower section band) and we do nearly 95% of our gigs for someone else - meaning we turn up and perform without having to worry about ticket sales etc etc.

We have also had 98% occupancy in the bandroom for about the last 4 years (including 3 perc's).

I'm not offering you guarantee's, or a simple fix everything button. But I am offering advice and idea's to anyone who's interested . . . I'll happily take a look at your organisation and offer some thoughts on how you might move forward in a direction that suits your team. . .

OH, and there's no charge . . .I want to see lots and lots of successful bands out there, I'm not fussy about seeing people profit from us, we can all do it ourselves, maybe with a little help. . . .

The offers there folks, If you want some independent advice, give me a shout. . .

2. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

Congratulations, Garry, on a great offer. I just hope that bands are not too proud to take advantage of your freely-given services.

3. nethers

nethers Active Member

Good on yer.