Free Euphonium Recital

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Highams, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Highams

Highams Member

Been given the OK from the Doc. so I'm doing a recital in 2 weeks, just with the Willson, I'm leaving the other vintage euphs at home this time around.

(The November programme I had to cancel will now be played in February.)

Euphonium Recital no.12

Charley Brighton (Willson 2900 Euphonium)
    with Malcolm Stowell, piano & organ.

12 noon, Saturday, December 13th.
    St. Mary's Parish Church,
    Church Street, Slough, Berkshire.

programme;
    Courante, Tobias Lindh (Sweden)
    (from Baroque Suite for Piano)

Prelude op.28 no.6, Fr. Chopin

Sonata in Two Movements, Robert Newton
    (originally for trombone)

Premiere;
    Song of the Tranquil Night, Joe Miserendino (U.S.A.)
    with organ accompaniment

Premiere;
    Meditation, Graeme G. Stewart (Northern Ireland)
    (no.2 of 3 Meditations for Flute)

Dance With Europe, Seth Jervis (U.S.A.)
    (movement 1, Spain)

Free parking courtesy of KEYWEST LTD.
    opposite Slough Police Station.

Our new C.D. “Music at St.Mary’s” is now available !

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Doc.
    Willson 2900 Euphonium
    Slough
    St. Mary's Parish Church
    Baroque Suite for Piano
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

:shock: everything OK...?? sorry to hear this!!

Good luck with the recital.

4. Highams

Highams Member

Many thanks, things are on the mend now. I was in hospital with a blood infection that turned me yellow overnight !

After some weeks feeling really exhausted, I now have the strength to pick up the euph again, I missed a recital scheduled for November 1st. so have chosen a slightly easier programme for next week.

The poor old vintage collection will have stay in the their cases for the time being.

Cheers,CB

5. Highams

Highams Member

Managed my 12th. recital OK yesterday, and since May, 2001;

12 recitals given, playing 70 pieces of music, by 58 different composers, from 10 different countries,with 60 on piano, 9 on organ, featuring 3 duets, and 22 premiers, on 5 different euphonium models, to a total audience of 599 people.

More next year !

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I'm glad your recitals went well... that's gotta be some sort of record eh! Well done for your perseverance.

You've set yourself a nice target to beat next year then... :D

7. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

No wonder you're exhausted Charley, that really is a demanding concert schedule. :shock:
    Glad to hear that you're feeling better though.
    Good luck with the recitals next year.

:wink:

8. Highams

Highams Member

Many thanks guys, at least people in 'Slough' know what a Euphonium is now, as well as being the home of 'The Office'

CB

9. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

:D It's great to see a Euphonium player that wants to show the world their instrument, maybe you could go touring or something?
    I'd certainly like to see you down near me sometime, so I can come and watch.
    Wish you continued success! :wink:

10. Highams

Highams Member

That's very kind of you, maybe one day, but why not start the ball rolling yourself ?

Got a local church or hall with a nice piano & acoustic ? that's just how it all started, and it does wonders for your playing, programming, presentation etc. and why not add a quartet as well ?

Your numbers might start a bit low, but the local press are always ringing us up now, it was the other way around when we started.

It's all very enjoyable.

CB

11. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I'd love to do recitals, but being only 16 don't really have the stamina range or technique to last an entire concert. Suppose maybe I could appear alongside a choir or something. It's certainly something i'd want to look into though.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Doc.
    Willson 2900 Euphonium
    Slough
    St. Mary's Parish Church
    Baroque Suite for Piano
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It's a good idea to share a recital, as it makes it easier for you and also gives some variety for the listeners. If you share it out with another instumentalist or group, maybe you could do a joint item to finish. As Charley says, you may well start off with only a few in the audience, but it is all good experience.

Having managed to get to one of Charley's programmes earlier this year I can confirm that they have now developed a regular audience, and the venue is excellent.

14. Highams

Highams Member

Thanks Peter, and he's right, you could try 'cashing in' as a guest in a concert somewhere just doing one or two numbers to introduce yourself.

Choirs are always looking for interesting options in their concerts, and there are plenty around as a search for 'choirs on the net' will reveal.

Good luck, CB.

15. Highams

Highams Member

Just collated the facts & figures for last years concerts;

In 2003, 479 pieces of music were heard, played by 49 performers in 56 concerts.

There were 11 premieres and 2491 people attended the concerts,
    raising just over £3100 for Church funds by donations.

Over the last 5 years alone, monies raised now exceeds £11.000 !

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk/Stmarys.htm