Free All Brass Band Internet Radio

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by DocFox, Feb 25, 2006.

1. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Recently .. as in last evening, I changed my internet streaming radio station from "All Brass" which included some ensembles and brass bands to "All Brass Bands". There are several good reason for this, which I will not go into detail about.

But, for those who would like to hear Brass Band music, the station has over 24 hours of music and more is going to be added.

You can also vote "thumbs up" for your favorite selections and 'thumbs down" for selection you would rather not hear again. This is a big help to me in selecting music.

If you have not yet done so, check out the station at:

Also, please feel free to post in this thread or contact me by email ( ) if you have any suggestions.

2. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Is the link right?

It goes to "page cannot be found" :confused:
  3. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

4. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

This isn't working at all for me, when I do the pop-up window to play, the window is just covered in the word undefined all over the place. Is the case for others or is it just me?
  5. Di

Di Active Member

Working fine here. Try again? :confused:
  6. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

Yeah it's working now:D
  7. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Superb stuff!

Now just get an FM station in the West Midlands of the UK please! :-D
  8. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Had a good listen last night, but only after switching from firefox, which did not like the browser. Any ideas why?
  9. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Pop ups are a problem with some browsers. You can always listen using iTunes (free from Apple) and the web page will show you what is playing. I personally use the live365 player which works great, but they do charge for it.

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

How does a band go about getting "air time"
  11. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Send me a CD! Actually, some have sent me CDs, but I am usually glad to purchase them as they help the bands make money. Drop me an email at and we can discuss it further.

12. julestools

julestools Active Member

Knight Templar. Nice. Made me want to join in. Could listen to this all night :)
    And Blues Brothers Medley. Quality.

13. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Me too. How do you fix it?
  14. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

I just reloaded mine and it worked, so maybe try that.
  15. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

16. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

As of this morning, the conversion is totally complete. There were some terrific advantages of doing this conversion:

First, you do not need broadband
    Second, I more than doubled my storage and broadcast capabilities.

The second factor has led to some changes. First, the playlist has grown to almost 800 tracks
    The playlist is now 57+ hours long. With station breaks etc., it would take several days before you would hear a track repeated.
    It also allowed me to put up longer tracks -- therefore some more serious longer works are now on the playlist.

And something I really like as summer comes to an end ... there is enough room for me to upload Christmas brass band selections. Last year I had to take some tracks down, and put Christmas tracks up. I reversed that after Christmas. It was a ton of work, so only a few Christmas tracks were uploaded. This year, a lot of Christmas tracks will be available in December

If you really like the station, for a few dollars a month you can become a VIP member. This eliminates the ads (cool) AND improved the quality slightly (since the player that comes with the VIP membership handles the MP3pro codec very well).