Freckleton Band require.....

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by AndyCat, Mar 27, 2007.

1. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Freckleton Band Vacancies Spring 2007

NOTE: Current vacancies listed towards the end of the thread

The Freckleton Band, Championship Section, near Preston, Lancashire.

We require:-

a) 1st OR 2nd Horn player to start ASAP.
    Current player doing A-levels then off to University!

b) 2nd Baritone player
    Current player leaving after Senior Cup to have (my!) babies!

c) Percussion/Kit player
    a full time, or at least weekly, attender would be nice! New Yamaha kit waiting!

for this friendly, ambitous and settled band. We have Top Class principals and experience around the stand. Good natured, humorous but hard working rehearsals.

We have the Senior Cup, Whit Friday, as well as great concerts (including Preston Guild Hall, Burnley Mechanics and Lowther Pavillion) to look forward to as well as a CD recording with B+H Sound. Also several successful funding projects are paying off!

Assistance with Travel Expenses are paid to all who travel more than 10 miles, and all applicants are welcome in the strictest confidence.

Email or PM me, see the bands website www.freckletonband.co.uk or ring on 07957 477383 for details or a confidential chat!

Any kind Mods edit the thread title, top post, get rid of previous stuff etc.?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2007
  2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

:clap: Congratulations Andy & Alison :clap:

BABIES???????? :eek:

3. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

2nd Baritone position filled now thanks, but still need

1st Horn

Kit/Percussion

And after July, Front Row Cornet!

4. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Freckleton, NW, Championship, Cornet and horn

a) 1st Horn player to start ASAP.
    Current player doing A-levels then off to University!

b) 2x Front Row cornets (possibly a bumper up)
    1 University reshuffle and yet another pregnancy!!

for this friendly, ambitous and settled band. We have Top Class principals and experience around the stand. Good natured, humorous but hard working rehearsals.

We have great concerts (including Preston Guild Hall, Burnley Mechanics and Lowther Pavillion) to look forward to as well as a 2CD recording with B+H Sound, and the Top Section NW Area, Fleetwood, Preston and the Grand Shield contests next year.. Also several successful funding projects are paying off!

Assistance with Travel Expenses are paid to all who travel more than 10 miles, and all applicants are welcome in the strictest confidence.

Email or PM me, see the bands website www.freckletonband.co.uk or ring on 07957 477383 for details or a confidential chat!

Any kind Mods edit the thread title, top post, get rid of previous stuff etc.?

5. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

1st horn now filled!

We have now filled the 1st horn vacancy thankyou, and welcome Jayne Troyne to the band :)

6. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

2nd Euphonium Freckleton

A 2nd Euphonium player

We have great concerts to look forward to as the Top Section NW Area, Preston and the Grand Shield contests next year.. Also several successful funding projects are paying off!

7. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Solo horn and Front row Cornet

We require, For the Area and beyond,:-

A Solo Horn player

and

A Front Row Cornet (assistant principal for the right candidate)

Both existing players moving on to higher ranked bands, more local to their current locations. Announcements to follow when the other bands go public!

We have great concerts to look forward to as the Top Section NW Area and the Grand Shield contests this year. Also several successful funding projects are paying off!

8. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Front Row Cornet and Solo Horn

We require, after the Area (Sunday 9th March) if need be,:-

A Solo Horn player

and

A Front Row Cornet (assistant principal for the right candidate)

Both existing players moving on to higher ranked bands, more local to their current locations (YBS and Hepworth!)

We have great concerts to look forward to and the Grand Shield contest in May (Vienna Nights) this year. Also several successful funding projects are paying off!

Email or PM me, see the bands website [b]www.freckletonband.co.uk[/b] or ring on 07957 477383 for details or a confidential chat!

9. HBB

HBB Active Member

One of the nicest bands I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. Seriously... if you've seen the advert and are umming and arring about ringing andy, do it... I loved my year and a bit there!! :)
    B

10. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Freckleton require Solo Baritone

A Solo Baritone player

We have great concerts to look forward to and the Grand Shield contest in May (Vienna Nights) this year and Whit Friday. Also several successful funding projects are paying off!

Email or PM me, see the bands website [b]www.freckletonband.co.uk[/b] or ring on 07957 477383 for details or a confidential chat!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Preston
    Yamaha
    Freckleton Band
    Senior Cup
  12. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

We're still in search of a Solo Baritone player, and a Solo Cornet when our current player goes home after he finishes his degree. See above posts for contact details.

13. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Solo Horn OR Baritone, Front Row Cornet

A Solo Baritone player OR A Solo Horn player

and a

Front Row Cornet

We have great concerts to look forward to as well as the new Contest Season.

14. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Frecklton require 2 x Cornet Players

2 x Cornet Players (Section will re-arrange to accomodate standard)

for this friendly, ambitous and settled band. All other seats filled. We have Top Class principals and experience around the stand. Good natured, humorous but hard working rehearsals. Band/life balance is paramount!

Email or PM me, see the bands website www.freckletonband.co.uk or ring / text on 07957 477383 for details or a confidential chat!

15. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

The Freckleton Band, Championship Section local, First National as of 2009, near Preston, Lancashire.

1 x Cornet Players (Section will re-arrange to accomodate standard)

A Principal EEb Bass (New Sovereign awaits!)

for this friendly, ambitous and settled band. All other seats filled. We have Top Class principals and experience around the stand. Good natured, humorous but hard working rehearsals. Band/life balance is paramount!

Email or PM me, see the bands website www.freckletonband.co.uk or ring / text on 07957 477383 for details or a confidential chat!

16. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Now then chaps, just like every other 1st section band, we're desperate for

2 Percussionists

For the North West Area (and beyond if possible).

Our section leader has moved jobs to Germany, another signed player thought we didn't need him and has signed for another local band, and our 1st dep has to work! Nightmare!

Can anyone help? Expenses (and fee if necessary) available.

Contact me on 07957 477383 or pm me please!

17. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

The Freckleton Band, Championship Section local, First National, near Preston, Lancashire.

Cornet Player (Section will re-arrange to accomodate standard)

Percussion

We have great concerts to look forward to as well as the Grand Shield and Whit Friday.

18. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

The Freckleton Band, Championship Section local, First National, near Preston, Lancashire.

We require, due to relocation and pregnancy issues(!):-

1 x Strong Front Row Cornet Player

1 x Back Row Cornet Player

2 x Percussion

We have great concerts to look forward to as well as the Grand Shield and Whit Friday.

19. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

The Back Row position is now confirmed as 3rd Cornet!

20. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

And is now filled!

We're still on the hunt for a strong front row player and some regular attending percussionists.

See details above!

21. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Latest vacancies at Freckleton.

We require, due to relocation and pregnancy issues(!):-

1x Principal Cornet (this position attracts a retainer plus expenses)

1 x Strong Front Row Cornet Player

2 x Percussion

for this friendly, ambitious and settled band. All other seats filled. We have Top Class principals and experience around the stand. Good natured, humorous but hard working rehearsals. Band/life balance is paramount!

Excellent concerts balanced with a few contests including Grand Shield, Fleetwood, Brass at the Guild and North West Area.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Preston
    Yamaha
    Freckleton Band
    Senior Cup