Frasier - end of an era

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Brian Kelly, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Tonight (well, last night to be strictly accurate), the last episode of "Frasier" was broadcast on Channel 4.

Another quality programme comes to an end.

So, farewell Frasier Crane. You will be sadly missed.
  2. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Yes i was!!!! Bye bye frazer!!! i wonder whats gonna happen to eddie damn i love that dog
  3. rutty

rutty Active Member

Who'd have thought that it would have been so popular eh? Excellent program in it's time and often very much like an English Farce. Very, very funny at it's best and always top quality.

Still got Will and Grace to watch though :)
  4. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Was sad to see the entire programme come to an end! :cry:
    Going to miss it! :( :roll:
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Least we can watch all the repeats on Sky 8)

If you have SKy TV, anyway... :lol:

6. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Yep, top quality acting too. Have to admit to losing interest in the last couple of years when the scripts went off but even during this time, it was still better than a lot of the junk on TV at the time...particularly American sitcoms :roll:

This last series has been up to the old standard and I'm just hoping my VCR didn't foul-up while it was recording the last episode last night!

Sorry Rutty but Will and Grace in the same breath (ok, post!) as Frazier :shock: No comparison IMHO...not even with a guest appearance from a genius like Gene Wilder :?
  7. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

One of the best written series on the telly and I'm sad to see it go even though it was getting past its sell by date. Mostly, though, the scripts, the acting and the comic timing were absolutely first rate!
  8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Yes, after the demise of "Saved by the Bell" and "Sabrina, the teenage Witch" it's almost more than a man can take. :cry: :cry:
  9. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Sabrina is gone!?!?!?! No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o :(
  10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I started watching Frasier 9(!) years ago when EvilDaddyBadger was working in Seattle. I caught it by mistake one evening when the catchphrase at the very end happened to be "Goodnight Seattle, we love you". I was hooked from then on. I am such a soppy badger and sooooo sad to see it go.
    Better to end on a high though, than end up like Last of The Summer Wine, which really went on far too long.

P.S. There are repeats of Frasier and Cheers on daytime Channel 4 for all you other lazy good-for-nothing stay-at-home parents....
  11. We are really behind with Frasier here, we're still watching the series where Daphne is preparing to Wed Donny!!!!! :shock: I do know what happens though!