FPC Chutney Works Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by RJM06, Feb 17, 2007.

1. RJM06

RJM06 Member

Hello All,

My mate gave me this website and I found it rather funny :D but I can be wierd sometimes so it probably won't be to you.

Its a builtup website of old random band photographs taking the the michael. You'll laugh I'm sure. BUT YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THE HISTORY FIRST SO YOU CAN FULLY UNDERSTAND IT ALL.

2. barrytone

barrytone Member

Sorry but there's no link to the site and it won't load directly, just brings up an error in tripod. Can you check and re-post? Thanks
  3. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I found the site. I'm intrigued; I would like to know how the Chutney Mine owners untimely demise can be attributed to a goat and a packet of woodbines.
  4. RJM06

RJM06 Member

5. barrytone

barrytone Member

What an excellent site, extremely funny mickey take on the world of brass bands. Had to be written by a bandsman with a wicked sense of humour!
  6. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Hi to all Fans of the Finius P Cockwinkles Chutney Works Band.

Now for my sins i came up with the idea about 7 years ago and threw together a website and unleashed it onto the web.

And if im being honest i havnt done anything with it since. Every now and then i like to go back and read it and see what comments have been left on the guestbook a lot of people have taken the Chutney Ferrets to thier hearts and i know there have benn a few more extreme spin offs.

There have been a lot of bandsmen out there who have asked me if we could make the FPC Band a reality and we have been toying with the idea of doing the Whit Fridays as them so maybe this year. who knows!

Thanks for the interest
    Gareth Sykes aka Finius P Cockwinkles.

PS in keeping witht he family friendly bit of this forum. Its not for young eyes ok!
  7. RJM06

RJM06 Member

quite true, lol, not even trombone players have got enough humour to come up with such wittiness :tongue:
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Errrm - I'd read the post just above yours if I were you! ;)
  9. RJM06

RJM06 Member

sorry my mistake trombone players have got a sense of humour! lol :tongue: ;)
  10. stopher

stopher Member

One of the conductors, Peter G Tipps, bears a remarkable resemblance to Craig Roberts, Dr of Filth and MD of Parc and Dare!
  11. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Gareth, you're a total leg end btw :)
  12. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Hey Gareth, are we going for it? I could bring the kidneys out of retirement!
  13. annmck

annmck Member

What a funny site :clap: very pythonesque (is that a word?)
  14. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

It has just crossed my befuddled mind that I never received a reply to my application for a job in the horn section, Finius, you total cad! Is it because I'm a girl????? I'll get you at band on Thurs.