foxes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by drummergurl, Jan 30, 2005.

1. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ok im about to sound really old and sad...

but...

this morning on my way to the percussion day i saw 2 foxes in a field and it looked like one was waiting for the other...

so in a conversation between me and my mum in the car just after id seen them and i began to wonder if foxes go round in pairs, i asked my mum but she didnt know, so im asking you intelligent people...

do foxes go round in pairs?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    one
    id
    people
    foxes
    mum
  3. rutty

rutty Active Member

There are usually lots of foxes out on the town in Nottingham at the weekends :)

4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Wouldn't they be like dogs and go around in packs?

5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Unlike many canids, foxes are not pack animals. Foxes form monogamous pairs to raise their cubs and the family groups tend to stay close to each other until the youngsters become sexually mature. What you saw was probably a fox and vixen together or a vixen with an elder cub.

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

We have a lot of urban foxes where we are, and I very often see a pair on my way to the station in the morning, frequently one older and one younger. You also sometimes come across a vixen with a couple of cubs; unfortunately I gather they are planning a cull, which seems a terrible shame.

7. drummergurl

wow thanks everyone, i dont know if one was older or not cuz we were on the motorway n fields fly by on the motorway so i only saw them for a few seconds..

but it was cool, anywayz mr bale wots a cull?

8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

A cull is where they go round killing loads at a time to stop them multiplying out of control.

I've seen many lone foxes when I'm out running at my parents. Actually I can't think if I've ever seen a pair of foxes.

9. drummergurl

awwww oh thats quite evil... hunting under another name... it should be banned

10. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

Maybe the countyside commission should change their tack and become urban fox hunters, cos with no natural predators the fox population is going to expand.

11. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Happens all the time over here (with whitetail deer, mostly). If the population gets too large, you get a lot of animals getting killed on motorways or starving to death when the food supply drops. The theory behind a cull is that it's more humane to shoot the animals then let them die by starvation, etc.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    one
    id
    people
    foxes
    mum
  13. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

They play football together every week! you can see them playing at the walkers stadium!

14. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Otherwise known as disabled foxes :p

15. drummergurl

tsk football, thats for girls (not foxes, and only girls play football...men play rugby)

awwww the foxes were so cute (from my lovely warm seat in the car on the motorway)

16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

OI!!! I heard that...:ranting2: :mad: :ranting2: :mad:

Mind you on recent form you're not too far off the truth...:rolleyes:

*cough* Foxes for the cup!!!! *cough*

:D :) ;) :| :-? :roll: <----- Realising how stupid that just sounded...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  18. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Girls football is otherwise known as Monkey tennis!

19. drummergurl

my thread is also known as foxes- THE ANIMAL VARIETY