Foss Dyke Band Lincoln 1st Section

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by grausue, Jul 2, 2008.

1. grausue

grausue Member

New MD, PLEASE! :clap:

The FossDyke Band [ Midlands 1st Section ] seek applications and expressions of interest from qualified, enthusiastic musicians for the position of Musical Director.

Apllications should be forwarded to: Band Manager Emma Gent

Well attended rehearsals Thurs & Sunday 8.00pm at our own Bandroom in the village of Waddington near Lincoln.
  2. grausue

grausue Member

Position taken

It is with great pleasure that Foss Dyke Band announce the appointment of Andrew Keegan to the post of Musical Director of the Foss Dyke Band. :clap:

Andy is a professional musician with the RAF Cranwell Band, and as their Principal Euphonium Player carries ample credentials to take Foss Dyke forward for the next few years!

We are convinced that the band can make excellent progress under Andy's leadership and we are all full of enthusiasm and expectation for the future. :tup

Grateful thanks are due to all those candidates who auditioned for the posiiton and to all those who sent in their CVs.
  3. grausue

grausue Member

New Cornet Players, please!!

Poor old Chris is feeling very tired on the front row - he's lost his bumper up! Last night's rehearsal left him feeling very puffed. We've got some excellent players on front row, but we need more of them and in particular we need that special one-man-down position filled up!

Foss Dyke are currently very high in the Midlands Area 1st Section and are hoping to do even better in next year's Regional contest, so this is an excellent opportunity for a player who is hoping to break into the upper levels of British brass banding.

As a 1st section band we would require players of a good standard and if you know of anyone or are interested yourself, please do respond to this message! Or you can catch me on Twitter @SueFrithGrau or email
  4. grausue

grausue Member

Front Row

Foss Dyke have recently fllled the vacancies of Soprano, Bass Trom and BBb bass, which is utterly brilliant. We also have a new Associate conductor.

We still have vacancies for two fine front row cornets. Our own principal cornet, Chris will sadly leave us in a year's time to head off for a university education, so there is a strong possibility of promotion to the top chair for the right person.

Please give this consideration. Foss Dyke are a band who are going places and this is a good opportunity for a serious cornet player to make his mark.

Sue Grau
    Vice Chair
    Foss Dyke
  5. grausue

grausue Member

Or, indeed, HER mark. What was I thinking?? We encourage old, young, black, white, fat, thin, tall, short - you get the picture. :oops:
  6. grausue

grausue Member

Foss Dyke Band

Foss Dyke Band, Lincoln seeks a new MUSICAL DIRECTOR from September 2009 following the promotion and relocation of the current MD Andrew Keegan, a rising star in the RAF..
    The band is the only 1st Section band in Lincolnshire and is keen to appoint the right person that can set high musical standards and carefully nurture the band’s talents, maintaining the positive atmosphere we have created. We rehearse Sundays 7 – 9pm and Thursdays 8 – 10pm in our own band room in Waddington, South of Lincoln - there may be some flexibility in this for the right person.
    Those interested in applying should contact Richard Jones, Chairman, on 07834 344683 or
  7. grausue

grausue Member

Foss Dyke Band Lincoln will be losing young Chris Hart to the Royal Welsh pretty soon. We will, therefore, be looking to appoint a new principal cornet player. Chris will be a hard act to follow, but there is still time for a new player to become acquainted with the position before he goes. We will also need other front row cornets, so all standards of players would be welcome to come and try out.

Please apply directly to me by DM

Regards to all

Sue Grau
    Foss Dyke Band Lincoln
  8. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

I really don't want to leave Foss - they're an absolutely fantastic bunch of people who word hard and have a good time while they do it.... I am so, so, SO grateful for the band giving me the chance to grow as a player, and if you want to join a band that makes you feel at home straight away and will give you all the chances you need as a beginner or a more experienced head then please come along and have a blow.

I've had a great time sat on the end, and I'm more than willing to step aside before I shoot off to Cardiff to let someone else get settled - if you think you would like a new challenge then pop along down :)
  9. grausue

grausue Member

Dear All.....

Foss Dyke Brass Lincoln really need some front row cornet players to make up our full band sound. As time progresses we are looking to promote someone to principal cornet, so this is a wonderful opportunity for an aspiring player to make their mark, surrounded by a friendly and supportive band. Please get in contact with me, either on here or We'd love to see you at a rehearsal!

Sue Grau
    Vice Chair Foss Dyke
  10. grausue

grausue Member

Foss Dyke Brass Lincoln are still looking for the right person to come and take over on principal cornet, otherwise we are going to have to keep Chris :eek:) Not sure how we are going to do that, he's getting a bit too big now to stay locked up in the instrument cupboard!

We would also like to encourage Baritone/Euph players to come along as we are short in that section over the summer. All players welcome to pop along for a blow. Contact Richard Jones or on tel. no:07834344683
  11. grausue

grausue Member

Foss Dyke Brass Lincoln invite baritone players to come along and try out. 1st or 2nd seat available by negotiation. Still looking for cornet players...........

Contact Richard Jones or on tel. no:07834344683
  12. grausue

grausue Member

Foss Dyke Band need a Euphonium player to sit second man down from Alexander Walker. Please contact

Thanks guys............

Bated breath
  13. hornplaya89

hornplaya89 Member

14. hornplaya89

hornplaya89 Member

The Foss Dyke Band of Waddington, Lincolnshire require the following additions to their flourishing second section band;

- Principal Cornet

- Front Row Cornet

- 2nd Baritone

- Solo Trombone

- Eb Bass

- Percussionists

Applications from dedicated, fun and friendly players welcomed! Please contact Rachel at or call 07507 200161. Visit our website for more details.
  15. Sopflop

Sopflop New Member

What an excellent Christmas Foss Dyke has had. Please join us for a happy and ambitious 2012.
  16. hornplaya89

hornplaya89 Member

The Foss Dyke Band of Waddington, Lincolnshire require the following additions to their flourishing second section band; - Principal Cornet - Front Row Cornet - Eb Bass - Percussionists

Applications from dedicated, fun and friendly players welcomed! If you are interested please contact the MD Richard Sandham in confidence by either phone or email.