For the Beauty of the Earth

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Dave1, May 8, 2007.

1. Dave1

Dave1 Member

Does anyone know of a brass band arrangement of this John Rutter hymn please.

Dave

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Beauty of the Earth
    John Rutter
    Dave
    brass band arrangement
    John Rutter hymn
  3. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

OH if anyone does i would like a copy of it too.....

4. davidsait

davidsait Member

John Rutter publishes through Oxford University Press. You could try starting there.

5. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Some Rutter (quite a bit actually) have been arranged for brass ensemble accomp. Don't know about this one of the top of my head.

6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I've arranged some Rutter in the past (namely the "Lord Bless You and Keep You" which is for sale at my website). I'm not aware of anyone having arranged this one, but if it hasn't been done I'd be willing to arrange it (copyright permitting).

7. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

It's one of my favourite pieces. I have it for SATB - superb piece. It would be awsome for brass quartet.

8. grahammck

grahammck Member

The version that Saints have done in the past has been arranged by someone called David Lawrence (I think it was him anyway, it's been a while since we've played it)

It's running through my head as I write this though...

9. Dave1

Dave1 Member

We are doing a concert with a local church and their choir later in the year and this has been requested. If anyone can point me in a direction then its appreciated
    Dave

10. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

I too can hear it as I write, a beautiful setting. I am not aware of a brass band version, good luck in your search, maybe DaveR's suggestion is the most viable.

11. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Super piece. Rutter writes some super music. Cannot help with locating it though.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Beauty of the Earth
    John Rutter
    Dave
    brass band arrangement
    John Rutter hymn
  13. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I've just asked for permission to arrange it. Watch this space (but don't expect an answer overnight - last time it took me 3 months to get permission from John Rutter! :))

14. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Good news - I've just received permission to arrange this piece for brass band, so I'll start on this in the next few days.

15. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

YAY.....Let us know

16. Dave1

Dave1 Member

DaveR

Well done and thanks for this. It is a superb song and the music, so simple yet beautiful. Please let me know how you get on.
    Regards
    Dave

17. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Well, it's taken David Roberts some time to complete the arrangement, but he has finally sent the score to me tonight so I am hoping to have the arrangement ready for sale at our trade stand at Weston contest on Sunday. If not it will be available on the website (www.mmi-music.co.uk) next week.