FOR SALE - VINCENT BACH STRADIVARIUS CORNET - Model 184

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by robertbr, Oct 4, 2013.

1. robertbr

robertbr New Member

This item is a Model 184 (ML bore), Bb Stradivarius cornet in sliver plate. The serial number is 230999, which dates it to 1983. The condition of this instrument (as can be seen from the photographs) is superb, and it plays beautifully. I bought this cornet in 1986 and have played it in an amateur capacity during this time. It has been particularly well cared for and maintained during this period and it was professionally serviced earlier this year. The compressions are great, the valve action is smooth as silk and there are no dents or dings. I have recently changed to playing a long cornet so I have reluctantly decided to sell this on (there’s no point in it lying in the cupboard)!

Bach Strad’ cornets, particularly in this condition, do not regularly appear on the second hand market so this is a rare opportunity to buy a really top quality instrument at a fraction of the cost new. These cornets are currently selling new for over £2000; offers around half of that would be considered. Postage charges to be agreed.

Any enquiries to Brian on 0131 336 4039 (Edinburgh) or 07875 879106.

Strad 1.jpg Strad 2.jpg

2. robertbr

robertbr New Member