For Sale - Vincent Bach Stradivarius 50B3 - Bass Trombone

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by JonnyShaw, Sep 4, 2008.

1. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

For Sale

Vincent Bach Stradivarius 50B3 Bass Trombone

• 10 1/2 inch bell
    • Double independent rotary valves - Bb/F/Gb/D
    • Interchangeable lead pipes
    • Original Selmer hard case
    Condition

The instrument is around 12 years old I think and has been broadly used by me for the last 4 years, as you would expect for an instrument of its age there are a few dings and scratches on the bell, the valves need the linkages tightening and possibly some new corks, the finger rest for the Gb valve has unfortunately been lost but I don’t think it would be a massive task to locate a new one. The slide also has a few scratches but do not detract from the appearance at all, these does not effect the playing or tuning of the instrument in any way, the inner slide is in good condition and has a slick movement. The instrument is equipped with a 10 ½ inch bell which was not a standard on regular 50B3’s, this must have been an optional extra at the time of purchase.

Pictures
    An album of photos for this instrument is situated on Facebook, by using the link below even non-members of Facebook should be able to access it.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35571&l=af5f9&id=508653459

Characteristics
    The instrument blows very well and with the right work is very rewarding throughout all registers, with a very mellow and dark low register. The instrument creates a brilliant wall of sound but can still easily create that desired edge when needed. The instrument is perfectly suited to orchestral work and also due to its adaptability works well in a brass band too.

I am based in Rochdale near Manchester for the next 2 weeks, please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to view or test the instrument. After that I will be living in Edgbaston, Birmingham and then appointments can be arranged for either Manchester or Birmingham.

Payment
    I will accept cash or cheque, however if a cheque I will obviously not be able to let the instrument go until the cheque has cleared. Collection/delivery/postage can be arranged by negotiation.

Jonny

Email – jonny1shaw@hotmail.com
    Mobile - 07595358476

Price

£1100 ono

Attached Files:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    50B3 Bass Trombone
    FONT=Tahoma
    CENTER
    FONT
    Tahoma
  3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Sounding a note of pedantry - the 10.5" bell makes the model a 50B3L, not a 50B3. The L flare is a fairly common option.
    Nice-looking instrument - good luck selling it!

Are you the chap who's buying Tim's monster tuba? I had a parp on it the other night - what a beast!

4. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

ah, thanks for that, I wasnt aware!

Yeah, hopefully, but these have to go first!

5. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

Infact to clear it up, i have been corrected by a friend, officially its a '50B3LO'
    L being for large asin the 10 1/2inch bell and
    O being for open wrap.

6. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

Hi Guys

In the interest of a quick sale I am going to drop the price of instrument to £900

7. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

Hi Guys just to say the trombone has now been sold!
    Thanks for all your interest.