For Sale - Michael Rath R9 - Bass Trombone

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by JonnyShaw, Sep 4, 2008.

1. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

For Sale

Michael Rath R9 Bass Trombone

• 9 1/2 inch detachable bell - Rose
    • Double independent Rene Hagmann rotary valves - Bb/F/Gb/D
    • Custom wooden thumb rest - F trigger
    • Interchangeable lead pipes
    • Custom Rose coloured slide
    • Original Protec hard/soft case
    Condition

The instrument is around 6 years old and has been extensively used for the last 3, as you would expect there are a few dings and scratches on the bell, the valves are a dream and work quietly, quickly and smoothly however the lacquer on the Gb trigger finger rest has worn. The slide also comes with a few scratches but do not detract from the appearance at all. there is a small dent on the bottom bow of the slide that has resulted in the little spike coming off, this does not effect the playing or tuning of the instrument in any way, the inner slide is in great condition and has a slick, free movement.

Pictures
    An album of photos for this instrument is situated on Facebook, by using the link below even non-members of Facebook should be able to access it.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35570&l=811e2&id=508653459

Characteristics
    The instrument blows very well and is easily controllable in all registers, with a particularly accessible low register. It has lovely deep, rich tone but can develop as much edge as you want, when you want it. The instrument is very adept in a brass band trombone section and is also very suited to jazz and big band playing. I have also used this instrument in orchestras and it can blend well into the ensemble.

I am based in Rochdale near Manchester for the next 2 weeks, please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to view or test the instrument or if you have any questions regarding the instrument. After that I will be living in Edgbaston, Birmingham and then appointments can be arranged for either Manchester or Birmingham.

Payment
    I will accept cash or cheque, however if a cheque I will obviously not be able to let the instrument go until the cheque has cleared. Collection/delivery/postage can be arranged by negotiation.

Jonny

Email - jonny1shaw@hotmail.com
    Mobile - 07595358476

Price

£2350 ono

Attached Files:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Tahoma
    CENTER
    black
    COLOR
    FONT
  3. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

in the interest of a fast sale I am going to reduce the price of this to £2100

4. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

The price is now further reduced to £1800 and I will throw in a Yamaha Silent Brass mute plus a mouthpiece of your choice from the ones I have.

5. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

Really looking to release the money tied up in this trombone, my final reduction is too £1300 now, dont hesitate to get in contact if you have any questions.

Jonny

6. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

I never play bass trombone. Too bad. Folks, this is a great deal on a fantastic bass trombone. IF I played bass, for £1300 I would be getting my wallet out.

This is a bargain on a great bone. After all, Jonny is a student and it looks like from his signature that he has settled on playing bass.

You are unlikely to beat this price. If it was a model 3, I would own it.

Jim

7. wagger-g

wagger-g Member

Hi Jonny

Is this trom still for sale?

Graham

8. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

Hi guys!

Thanks for so much interest with all the emails I've recieved, however I am going to have to take the trom off the market right now, I have been away and missed most of the emails people have send and this is a blanket apology to you all.
    Unfortunately my trom is away in storage atm and I havnt got the imediate means to get it back right now.
    Hopefully I can put it back up for sale soon and you will all still be interested, however if I havnt got it with me, I cant sell it.

9. AndrewCrampton

AndrewCrampton New Member

Just wondering if this trombone ever got sold?