For Sale - Elkhart era 8H

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Bones, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Bones

Bones Member

Hi,

Following a new purchase, I have a surplus to requirement Conn 8H. This dates just after the Elkart era, but the bell and components are all stamped with the elkhart style logo on the bell. It was customary that the surplus components were used in the early abilene days, so what you have is in essence an Elkhart manufactured, but not assembled trombone.

The Instrument is in fine condition, with approx 90% condition lacquer, with the usual wear points. And the bell and tuning slide are relatively dent free. The slide is about a 9out of 10, and all wear is commensurate with age.

There will be a case, though not original with it.

It is a good trombone, and certainly worth looking at. Its a player, and I've used it at the Open, Nationals and all over the UK and Europe.

If anyone wants a look let me know. I am open to offers, due to its provenance I am not putting a placeholder down. But I trust you all to appreciate its worth and no silly suggestion :)

PM me or richwalker@virgin.net

Thanks

Rich

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Conn 8H
    Elkhart
    8H Hi
    Elkart
    bell
  3. Bones

Bones Member

Hi This nstrument is still for sale. as well as a Schmelzer model 2. Any offers

Cheers

RIch