FOR SALE - Conn 34J 4-valve BBb bass 1921

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by TubaMan, Aug 13, 2008.

1. TubaMan

TubaMan New Member

I'm selling my Conn 34J tuba:

4 front piston valves
    6/4 size
    Made in 1921 by Conn, Elkhart, USA
    Bell: 22" upright
    Bore 0.810"
    Height: 40"
    Weight: 27 lbs.
    Silver plated

This tuba is in excellent condition for its age and super fun to play, really easy blowing for such a massive instrument. Great for those outside and large concert hall jobs where it can produce a superb deep sonorous sound.

Lots more information, pictures and contact details available at

Based in Oxfordshire, UK, can meet in southern England or will ship anywhere at cost. Offers around £2500 (4800 USD).

Attached Files:

2. the fish

the fish Member

Be sad to see "the beast" go Tim, top instrument for anyone who is interested though
  3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Looks like a thing of awesome rudeness - I might have to drop in on Tim to try it before it goes...
  4. TubaMan

TubaMan New Member

Hi Dave good to hear from you. Of course pop in anytime for a blow on 'the beast', although it may have to be in the shed - the neighbours 3 doors away are not too happy when it plays pedals in the house, their shelves vibrate along the terrace quite nicely :) Definately a shame to sell it but no work for me at the mo (damn credit crunch) so need the money.
  5. JonnyShaw

JonnyShaw Member

Hi Tim,
    I have emailed you on the email address situated on your website enquiring about the instrument.

Looks a beauty!