For sale: Bossey and hawkes 19inch imperial Eb bass

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by matt_BBb_bass, Jul 3, 2013.

1. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Hey all!

Taken the decision to sell my 19inch imperial in gold. It's in great condition for its age, few dents here and there, mainly on the bottom bow. Blows really well, all slides and valves work great, currently playing it in championship level banding and does a great job.

It still has a small lead pipe on it, and will come with a mouthpiece too suite that with a embro-sure coating on it. Also included is a 6months old Bach gig bag. (New design that zips around the bell).

I can send pictures if you are intrested. Looking for around the £2000 mark.

Cheers all.
  2. elarnold83

elarnold83 New Member

Hi Matt,
    Thanks for the message. We are really looking for a full size Eb. We already have an old Imperial which is fine but our new player can't get on with the smaller mouthpiece and it won't fit a Dennis Wick. Guess yours is the same?
  3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

It'll fit a Denis Wick mouthpiece without the 'L' in the designation e.g. '3' rather than '3L'. All Denis Wick sizes are available with the smaller shank.

ROBTHEDOG Member

Matt & other - It's not too big a job to change the leader - I have just had a similar (1979) Imperial done by Derek Farnell in Manchester. I was introduced to him by a fellow repairer who said "Derek is genius with Tubas" in fact he's done work over the years most most of top pro' guys (including John Fletcher) - I had new larger bore and lower 'Fletcher' custom leader, he also rolled out dents - It's a great instrument really sings - IMO better than the new 982 Sov's.. Again happy to email photos..

ROBTHEDOG Member

Or as you are down in South Coast you could talk with Jenny at Cash4brass - she uses Paul Rigget (Sterling) for work.. or Mark Carter (Mr Tuba)