For all you teachers......

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by WhatSharp?, Apr 23, 2004.

1. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

2. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

What a fantastically ingenious idea! :eek:

3. Doesn't sound too yummy to me! Can you think of anything to make my history lessons a wee bit more exciting?

4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Hmm I might try that with my bottom set year 9 in music! Not sure the marshmallows would get anywhere near the microwave part though, just straight into their mouths!

5. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

How about re-enacting of the the demise of Joan of Arc on the playing field?

6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Re-enact famous battles with your class mates using rolled up newspaper (swords), & water bombs (canon's), or water pistols (for muskets, about as effective :D )

Does this help?

7. How much fun would that be? Do you think I should try it with my 3rd years in 5 mins when they come in? Do you think I'd still have a job at 3.45?

8. horn1

horn1 Member

You have sets in music??? What bliss!!!

9. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

lol fantastic (i know im a pupil but i dont care! great idea!!!) although i wouldnt trust my science class (TOP SET science class!!) with a piece of paper as they almost burned the science block down on monday!

10. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Ooops many apologies, I though you were on the recieving end :D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    :D
    teachers
    url
  12. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Of course the one I always enjoyed was "The Wound Man" whilst doing History of Medicine. We got to make a lifesized paper mache wound man complete with wounds!, kept us going for loads of lessons.

:D

13. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

what a genius marshmellow filled idea that is. maybe i can talk our teacher into it....shouldnt be too hard, he's big kid himself!

14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Brillant idea!!
    I'll have to try that with next years students.

15. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Cool :!:
    If I lived closer the the 24hr Tescos than I do, I would try it out!!

Ain't science brilliant :D

16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I saw this done for one of the Royal Institute Christmas Lectures a few years ago. (yes I know watching them is sad, but I'm an engineer and hence trained and licensed to be a BOC)
    It was a really effective and simple way to demonstrate a bit of a mind blowing subject.