Footballers fighting...........

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by yr_epa, Apr 2, 2005.

1. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Terrible
    Bowyer
    Swedish
    Dyer
    clip
  3. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Highly amusing...just got in from the local club and everyone was gathered to see the fistycuffs between Bowyer and Dyer.

He might not be able to kick a ball but Dyer looks like he can throw a punch!

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

What a disgraceful performance.
    Bowyer, although undoubtedly talented, is nothing but a thug and trouble follows him wherever he is.
    He's got away with it once too often, he should be banned for good now.

There's no doubt he was guilty he was guilty of the attack outside the nightclub in Leeds, just somehow he managed to get away with it.

There is no pace in football for a performance like that and it should be stamped out quickly.

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Being not at all enlightened re footy... what caused this...? ie two players fighting fro the same team...???

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

yup! on the highlights, Bowyer got frustrated at not being given the ball in the opposition's penalty box! Next thing we saw was him punching Dyer! (Souness "I've been reassured by Dyer he did not throw any punches, but Bowyer is indefensible and he has to accept whatever punishment comes his way.") Bizarre!!!!

7. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Can't see how anyone, including the manager, can defend Dyer. He is the one at the start of it who is standing bolt upright, facing away from play with the ball sailing over his head!

Fighting at work is Gross Misconduct at every place I have worked and generally punished by instant dismissal. Let's see what happens to these two although I doubt if they will get sacked as players are listed as 'assets' on football club balance sheets.

8. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I have just seen the incident on TV. Its obvious why Souness is defending Dyer, because he needs him more than he needs Bowyer.

Both players are indefensible. They are a disgrace, Bowyer is a thug and lets be honest Dyer is no angel. I persoanlly believe there is more to it than just Bowyer not getting the ball.

I feel sorry for Necastle supporters as they are so passionate about their team and they deserve better. Its obvious they have too many big egos at that club, that includes the manager and the Chairman.

9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Well I suppose Girly Footballers would call that a fight! Us Rugby players would feel aggrieved and ashamed if we were sin binned for 10 minutes for such a girly fight. Still, as it is Kissball, then Bowyer is the one who attacked Dyer and as such should be banned

10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

There is a story (perhaps thoe more connected with NFC can confirm) that this stemmed from a prank where Dyer let down the tyres on Bowyer's car. Bowyer was considerably less than impressed and let Dyer know. Basically the argument is reported to have escalated to such a degree that Dyer refused to pass to Bowyer during the match. One 'non pass' too many took Bowyer over the edge.

This could be all a load of billocks (sic) but at the same time, with those two, it wouldn't surprise me. They might have apologised at the press conference, but not to each other. Whatever it was, perhaps the FA could start a creche league for these two and similar types.

11. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Or perhaps it was planned, because let's face it, neither of those two were going to get their names into the press with their play.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Terrible
    Bowyer
    Swedish
    Dyer
    clip
  13. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

They should be SACKED FROM THE CLUB and fined a years wages as well and Banned for GOOD.

We do not want to see this sort of thing going on Discraceful:mad:

14. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

The thing is as Newcastle fan, the soap opera that is NUFC fails to surprise now. I barely blinked an eyelid when this kicked off. Its a shame cos Dyer has really improved his game of late and was just getting back in the fan's good books. As for Bowyer, I never wanted him at the club in the first place. I don't know about the car tyre story but it doesn't sound totally implausible.

At the end of the day I don't really care if they're banned or sackd or whatever. All I know is that both players will the miss the FA Cup Semi Final (there goes the UEFA/FA Cup double ;))and that due to their actions Newcastle Utd is once again the laughing stock of English football. Ho hum.

A rather non-plussed yet pragmatic GC!

15. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Ha Ha Ha I just love it :p . With a brothel creeper as a chairman no wonder the players have no standards. Film clip was the funniest thing I have seen in ages!! :D

I feel sorry for the fans too - NOT!! :tongue:

More of the same next match please. Sourface just doesnt seem to be able to control the players. Thought that Newcastle might have had a great chance to win a trophy this year in either europe or the FA cup but this will torpedo their chances with the dressing room split down the middle. Just as they seemed to have turned the corner with the Bellenderby saga they manage to shoot themselves in the foot again. Disgusting what all footballers get away with considering the wages they are on.

Sir Bobby Robson would have thrown his Zimmer frame away in disgust and needed a change of incontinence pants if he had still been in charge. :biggrin:

More bad news is that Newcastle had their trophy room broken into after the game and all the contents stolen. The police are looking for 22 stone bald bloke with tatoos and carrying a rolled up black and white carpet.;)

P.S. Sunderland are still top of the league. Just couldnt get better IMO

16. geordiecolin

Yeah Yeah whatever. Go back to your fizzy pop league where you belong. Albania-on-Wear AFC are rubbish and you know it! The entire 11 men at the Stadium of S**** could've have a bust-up but there'd have been no-one there to witness it, apart from the martians in the top tier surviving on the lack of atmosphere.....

touche!

;)

17. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

It could have been worse! If Craig Bellamy had still been there there would have been three sent off in that one incident.

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

. . . and an abandoned game, as there would have been only 8 Newcastle players left on the pitch: interesting discussion on Five Live about that, debating whether it should have been sendings-off, or whether bookings would have sufficed.

19. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It had to be a sending off for both by the letter of the law, they both raised their hands to each other.

20. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

They are both as bad as each other.

Bowyer is a fantastic talent and his form in the champions league for Leeds a few years ago was just awesome. I think the statistics suggested he ran 3 miles more than any other player in the average game. However, in the words of Samuel L Jackson 'not all his dogs are barking'. 2nd man down is right when he says that trouble seems to follow him wherever he goes. Anyone listening and seeing him the press conference on Saturday will see he does not have two brain cells to rub together.

Dyer has all the ability to be world class but I get the impression he lives off people telling him how good he is/or could be rather than just concentrating on producing the goods. He does not come across as the sharpest tool in the shed either.

Whether footballers like it or not, they are role models. No wonder the world is so screwed up when our kids look up to these guys. If you are privileged to earn the amount of money that they do then they should toe the line and have some more self respect and disclipline.

As for punishment - they should be made to play a season in my local pub league. They might think twice about who they swing their fists at then

21. geordiecolin

I bet he wishes he'd smacked Souness now instead of just slagging him off!! Would probably still be at the club ;)