Football supporters..Which football team do you really hate and why?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, May 15, 2009.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Leeds. Local Rivals, been so much better than us for so long, it's lovely to see them suffering at long last. Most of the fans I know seem to think they deserve better too.

Chelsea. All that money, all that bought in talent, and still so boring with players more interested in diving for the free kick than trying to stay on their feet and score a legitimate goal. Pityful.
  2. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

Tottenham - Rivals and always going on about how they will do this that and the other and never get anywhere near it...

Liverpool - May 25th 1989 the most bad sportsmanship in defeat by some of their players ever witnessed on TV.
  3. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Sunderland. Not really a hatred - some of my good mates are mackems, but being a magpie myself, we've got to get the knife into each other whenever we can. ;)

Arsenal. The whiniest manager, the worst combination of cynical foulers and blatant divers, and no englishmen can even hope to get a place in the team. Plus Wenger cannot finish a game without laying into the referee simply for seeing though his crop of cheating, complaining, diving whiners.

Oh - and ANY team that surrounds the referee, questions every decision he makes and pressures him at every turn to change his decisions and favour them. (Which is just about every premier league team, though some are markedly worse than others.) Referees make mistakes, that is part and parcel of the game. Shut up, deal with it, and get on with the flippin game.
  4. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Most of the HTFC fans I know hate Leeds, which is funny because the vast majority of Leeds fans could not give two hoots about HTFC. As for LUFC fans deserving better...for the overpriced tickets the 20,000+ (and 37,000 last night) buy week in week out, they do deserve better...but you would be totallt correct if you meant that LUFC has no divine right because of its past history or standing.

As for suffering, I think it is other clubs who make more of a fuss about that. Most Leeds fans know that League One is where we are now and we are there on merit (or lack of it!). That said, watch when the odds are released for next season...Leeds will be one of the favourites to go up.

To answer the original question - I am more bothered about my team than bothering about someone else. Although, I would have a little smile if Newcastle went down...!!
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
  5. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Man Ure - Always have and always will. Hated them long before Fergiescum arrived on the scene too. Maybe down to the fact lots of Liverpool & Man Ure fans on Isle of Man (where I was born) so they were I suppose our local rivals.

Arsenal - ''I deed not see eet'' Shut up Wenger you muppet!

Sheffield United - No you deserved to get relegated because you were ****! Get over it! And that t*** Warnock was their boss - that guy would start an argument with himself!
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Have to agree with all of that - apart from the Isle of Man stuff obviously! ;)

Also, I won't be shedding a tear if and when Middlesbrough go down this year, don't know what, but there's just something about them that gets under my skin .......
  7. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Not really hatred, but would be quite happy if Newcastle go down. Loads of their fans seem to have some idea that they have some divine right not to be relegated and that they are really in the same class as Man Utd and Liverpool. How many league championships have they ever won?

Don't want Middlesbrough to go down, as it is nice to see a chairman back his manager for more than about a month.
  8. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

Leeds and Derby (both pretty obvious)
  9. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Crystal Palace - they stayed at a hotel I once worked for and they were rude, always want them to lose for those reasons.

Liverpool, just because I dislike liverpudlians and they overact on some many things.

Apprt from that I'm not that bothered!!
  10. Thirteen Ball

I think it was three at the last count - but the last one was about 1956 with Jackie Milburn up front. Second place twice is the best we can muster since then. (95-96, 96-97)

Two FA cup finals, in 98 and 99 too.

I'll agree, some Geordie fans haven't moved on from the days of 95-96 when we were chasing Man U all the way for the title, which all went wrong when Kenny Dalglish was brought in, sold all the good players and thought Des Hamilton really was worth £3.5m honest. We've never recovered from that - although Wor Bobby had us on the right track until he was unceremoniously dumped.

We probably deserve to go down this year, and I think we will. But I hope we take middlesborough with us because they've been dire, boring and awful to watch all year, and southgate is tactically inept with the personality of a dishcloth - plus I genuinely think Hull City deserve to stay up.
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  11. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

The Red Filth. Got my Barcelona shirt ironed and ready to go on Wed night. I'll be in my local , surrounded by media t**ts - cockney reds to a ponce that have never been north of the M25 ( typical manc fans then ).

Chelsea also . Even more so after that whining petulant display in the semi final.
  12. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Any team that costs my company money.

I support a team that is unlikely to eat in a bookmakers profits :mad:
  13. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

You a Norwich fan as well then? :confused:
  14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I probably hate ManU(re) the most. Mostly because Ronaldo has no humility (arguably good enough to justify it) and proper Mancunian's support Man City, so the team is supported by a bunch of Glory Hunters.

I am not found of ArseAnal or Liverpool (at times)...but mostly as a bitter Chelsea supporter (as we have suffered many big losses to those clubs). However, I have always respected them and their character enough to never really hate them.

More than teams...I tend to hate individual players...Ronaldo and Droghba come to mind. I cannot stand divers or others with poor sportsmanship.

Personally, the two handballs passed up by Ovrebo are unforgivable for the world's top league (UEFA Champions league). I would like to see something like Droghba 5 game suspension, and Ballack and Ovrebo with a 2-game suspension.

The players are more wrong in this case, but we cannot ignore incredibly poor officiating. The players punishment must be more than the officials, but officials cannot continue to make horrible calls affecting the match like this. UEFA cannot support poor judgments just to show officiating is above the players.
  15. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

The trouble with this is that it wouldn't be long before the top clubs started abusing this and lobbying for refs to be punished, and refs would know this, which would introduce a potential bias (if this isn't already the case). Behaviour in football is awful. Why can't they behave like in rugby, and be punished like rugby players when they step out of line? Until the behaviour improves dramatically, UEFA and FIFA can't afford to show any weakness.
  16. themusicalrentboy

they need a sin bin, which is strictly enforced. So be it if they have 3 players on the pitch - these prima donna gob****e footballers need to know the rules, and how they should act on the field.

FIFA won't have the kahunas to enforce it though.
  17. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Do you think there would be abuse so long as the team always knew the complaining players/ managers would always have a worse punishment than the refs?
  18. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

The always probably wouldn't stay always. Teams would start saying that if it was decided the ref was wrong the arguing player shouldn't be punished.
  19. Thirteen Ball

In a way, referres have brought it on themselves. I mean, nobody ever backchatted Pierluigi Collina did they? Because they knew a sniff of dissent would put them in the book, and any of that surrounding the ref 'you can't give a penalty for that' nonsense would result in a rash of red cards.

(Well... that and the fact he could kill you 17 different ways with one arm tied behind his back....)

We need more referees who are:
    1) As good as Collina was - I swear he had built-in slow-mo.
    2) Have a zero-tolerance approach dirsespectful behaviour on the pitch - whoever it comes from or is directed toward.
    3) Have cast-iron balls and the full backing of Fifa.

I believe the worrd is 'cojones' with a spanish 'j' that's more like an 'h' - but you are almost certainly correct. Footballing organisations lack the courage necessary to stand up to the clubs, so any referee that really stands up to the big clubs shocking behaviour is likely to be hung out to dry.
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  20. themusicalrentboy

Kahunas is just what I said, and Kahunas is what I meant (right or not it's how some of us strange midlanders say things)

however, cojones del perro would be an adequate term to describe collina!!!

And another reason why the FA won't do it is because they want the World Cup in 2018, and they don't want to upset FIFA now, do they?