Football quiz!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Dave's 'Summer' football quiz. ('Summer' easy, 'summer' hard... HOW many times have I used that gag on this forum? ........... sheesh!)

(edit) Please pm me only with your answers. Ta!

1. Which country are the reigning Olympic football champions?

2. Wales and which other British team are in England’s group for the qualifying rounds of the 2006 World Cup?

3. In what year did England and Wales last meet in an international match?

4. Who were the last team to beat Arsenal in the League?

5. Which two players from the Manchester United and Crystal Palace teams that appeared in the first game in the 1990 FA Cup final were still playing in the Premiership in the 2003-04 season?

6. What was unusual about these three results from the 2003-04 season? Leeds 1, Arsenal 4; Arsenal 4, Middlesbrough 1; Arsenal 2, Chelsea 1

7. Who scored Crystal Palace’s winning goal in their recent play-off final victory over West Ham?

8. How many goals were scored in normal time in the three play off finals last weekend?

9. How many international goals has Michael Owen scored (including yesterday’s goal against Japan)?

10. Which player in this year’s FA Cup final also played in the final 16 years ago?

11. In what year were the first European Championships (i.e. like Euro 2004)

12. Results wise, other than the scoreline, what do the finals of Euro 2000 and Euro 1996 have in common?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Crystal Palace
    teams
    football champions
    goals
    FA Cup
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Acton's re*tum...

4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

All that matter is that ARSEanal is history and Mourinho is Chelsea's new manager!!!

Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea!!!
    Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea!!!

PJH

P.S. Go you Blues!!!!

5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Yes, after Chelsea had their golden windfall last season, everyone was predicting Arsenal were history then...... How many trophies did Chelsea win this season? When was the last time they won the league? (1955, in case you're wondering)

Arsenal may be history by the end of next season, who knows, but next season hasn't actually happened yet, BBC Bari, despite the time difference between here and USA... ;-)

p.s. Still, as it appears to be the 'bold prediction' season (I should add, I'm NOT a Chelsea hater), I'll add one. Mourinho managed a Porto side short on skill, but frequently gaining numerous advantages with their play acting in getting free kicks (just ask Celtic fans). I guess he'll be found out when he has a pot of gold thrown at him. He won't know what to do. They should have kept Ranieri. You have Mourinho, we have Wenger. I'd much rather have Wenger anyday. ;-)

6. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

You're right about Porto, Dave. The way they were falling down in the UEFA Cup Final last season you would have thought Celtic had a sniper in the 2nd row of seats! Robbed us and I hate cheats :x :evil: :!: