Football or band

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by jimortality, Jun 21, 2004.

?

Should I watch football or go to band

1. Yes to watch football

90.3%
  2. Go to band

9.7%
  1. jimortality

jimortality Member

Help!!! I know this is a bit premature, but if England get through and only finish runners up in the group, the quarter final will be on Thursday, but if we win the group the match will be Friday. We,ve already switched tonights rehearsal to tomorrow to accomodate tonights match, but what shall I do on Thursday. We have a concert on Saturday, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Normally band would come before anything else, but this is ENGLAND!!!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    match
    rehearsal
    anything
    band
    Football
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well if they lose tonight (hehehe) then you wont have a problem... personally I'd go to band, there's no good teams in this competition anyway...

4. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

You can always tape the "football" match and go to band.....

5. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

James

I will be at band after my obligatory car journey from hell.

So perhaps you should be. Only to see Bob's smiling face.

6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

oh no i might be in the same situation myself on friday.

7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

< >

(Speechless.......)

8. jimortality

jimortality Member

< >

(Speechless.......)[/quote/]

Oh no!!!!! don't start with the guilt trips, that,s not fair!!!!!

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Me? Start with the guilt trips? Naaah!

You've got a concert Saturday, right?

Of those in your band who aren't necessarily football fans, how many are inconvenienced by changing your rehearsal to tomorrow or simply due to other commitments, can't make the new date? In other words, is it really beneficial to the band to change the rehearsal date with a concert imminent? See my post on the 'Football; change of tune from the House of Payn' regarding England's World Cup semi final appearance in 1990....

Guilt trips? Naaah! Not me! ;-) ;-)

10. jimortality

jimortality Member

But everyone will be wanting to watch England right? :eek: :eek:

11. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Not up 'ere in Scotland. Im getting nowt but stick off em. Its like living at mi mothers again. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    match
    rehearsal
    anything
    band
    Football
  13. jimortality

jimortality Member

Gareth!!!!!! what am I going to do?????

14. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Miss the practice mate and blame it on soiled footware. Im sure Bob and Roger Whitaker will understand.

After all you are the Baritone Section leader and would be expected to attend the International Baritone convention in the Whore and Trumpet, Newark. its not your fauld if there happens to be a football match on too!!

15. jimortality

jimortality Member

Your quite right Gareth! :lol: I forgot all about that Baritone Convention!!!!

16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Although I would normally say band, watch the footy, its something that won't happen for another couple of years (if we qualify for world cup :p ) So might as well go out, have a few pints, enjoy the game and then make sure you don't miss band for ages afterwards :twisted:

17. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

[guilt trip] For me it would be a decision based on who you are letting down. If you don't turn up to band you are letting a big number of people down. If you miss the match then you are the only one that suffers! I don't like football so it's easy for me to say that :twisted:[/guilt trip]

18. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i agree, maybe if you dont go to band, your conductor may find a replacement for you and you no longer have a band?

i know my conductor would do that to me.

Anyways, go to band and dont be so selfish!!!

19. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

yeh! would you rather be at band having a laugh with your mates or sit at home watching a bunch of sweaty men run around a field kicking a bit of leather?
    face it, u can record the match, or watch highlights if its that important, but there will be other games.

dont be so mean!!! go to band!!!!!!!!!!1

20. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

After missing one practise, think that would be pretty harsh :!:

21. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

for missing one practise for a footie match it isn't. especially when
    a - rehearsal has already been moved once for it
    b - there are other people who may want to miss band for other reasons on different occaisions and the have gone.

22. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

this reminds me of:

Daddy or Chips....