Football Manager 2005 Question??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nuke, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

If anyone owns this could they help.

Ive got the huge amount of 50k to splash about on the transfer market in the january window and i want to make sure i spend it wisely on a left back thats better then Anthony Lloyd.
    ive done OK so far with transfer money but want this to be an uber sighning.
    I got huddersfield to top of league one so im aiming for maybe championship standard obviously for cheap.
    any suggestions greatly apprectiated (even loans)

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Djimi Traore? ;)

3. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

not that desperate

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Oh sorry - you're paying 50k! I thought you were receiving 50k to take him off Liverpool! ;)

5. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Well if hes available for transfer ill negotate with liverpool for the extra zeros off the end of his fee

6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

what season are you in, and have you tried a few loan signings?

im currently playing as Southhampton. life was tuff in the first season, but now we are rocking and rolling!

perhaps it was the 20 on mill liverpool paid me for beatie that helped. oh and the best bit, he broke his leg the month after he moved and was out fro 6 months! brill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

7. Mike Edge

Mike Edge Member

football manger 2005

I have signed quite a few players on free transfers. I have signed some good players but they are older players like frank de boer, winston bogarde, gianluca festa, carlos redondo, if you look on player search and put in free transfers you should be able to find ome players there

8. deave

deave Member

also petit is available on a free, he used to be a left back at monaco before he joined arsenal....and romario is still AWESOME at 38

9. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

frees are definately the way forward!was valencia for three seasons, and won three trebles, now at liverpool on my way to the quadrouple!!!

10. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

alternatively i've found some well good players by buying ppl under 21, especially defenders...they're well cheap cos their stats a rubbish, but they have hidden stats...i normally buy two, that way one of them is likely to be quality!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Ive
    Anthony Lloyd.
    huddersfield
  12. deave

deave Member

two good younguns are daniel freidheim holm and also freddy adu ... both well good after a few seasons !

13. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

adu definatley
    bought him for valencia, good to replace vicente when he was injured or tired, but he's not a left back!

14. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

Phillip Lahm, Nigel de Jong, Erminio Rullo,Gael Clichy,Marcelo,Ignacio...depending on how far u are through t game, have a look at these...

15. Heppy

Heppy Member

Sensible words Mr. Pannell about the under 21 thing. If your in the lower leagues, go for reserve teams at massive clubs. Most are available for loan. I buy quite a lot of Man. Utd's.... well.... ****.

16. Heppy

Heppy Member

Forgot to mention too, does anyone have like really weird injuries that happen in training? I had three fractured skulls in one season and my defenders keep on getting sprained wrists.

Weird

17. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

you should get better training facilities and coaches...also stop allowing ur defenders to play with eachother...

18. Heppy

Heppy Member

see you still havent lost your southern wit

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2005
  19. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

It will never truely leave me as much as some, who are, perhaps, jealous, may wish it apon me!

20. Heppy

Heppy Member

tut tut tut flith. what kind of plastic degree are you studying for? surely a basic command of the english language is needed to attend a university.

hows the family?

21. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

i'm not sure what u mean, where is the error?!u would think a simple grasp of english would be helpful wouldnt you?o well...My family r ok i think....as far as i know!y?u big weirdo!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Ive
    Anthony Lloyd.
    huddersfield