Football League - Opening Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by LeDragon, Aug 3, 2005.

1. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

With the Football League starting this weekend, I was just wondering if anyone's going to watch any of the matches?

I'm off to watch my local club Wrexham against Boston United in the dizzy heights of League 2!

2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

We're away at Nottingham Forest but we have a band job on...probably wouldn't have gone anyway tho...away matches cost a fortune with all the kids I'd have to take!!

3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Thought about going away to Forest until i saw we had a band job too :(
    Perhaps Co-op could adopt a Saturday afternoon is a football afternoon policy and not have band jobs on those occasions!? :biggrin:

I think i speak for everyone on tMP when i say...

UP THE MIGHTY TERRIERS...CHAMPIONSHIP HERE WE COME

AVE IT!!!!!!

:terrier :terrier :terrier

4. I will be at the City Ground Watching the beloved reds play the blue and white of yorkshire !
    I reckon it will be 2-1 to forest !!

5. 2nd man down

Fraid not...it'll be 1-0 to Town, Taylor Fletcher to swing the ball in and the mighty Pav to bury it with his head, get in, 'ave it, the terriers begin their march to the title. :terrier

6. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I'm going to Palace v Luton to see 'newly-signed' AJ score a hat-trick :tup (of penalties probably - but I don't care)

Sitting right behind the dugouts - WooHoo :D:D

7. vonny

vonny Member

Hey chris - don't you think that football resembles 'watching paint dry'? I would rather paint my nails than watch football you see!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. vonny

vonny Member

Hey guys don't take it personally, i just had to gate crash this male orientated thread :biggrin:

9. The Cornet King

Gutted...absolutely gutted... :(

Notts Forest 2 Town 1...Back to there old tricks of conceding in the last 5 minutes. It cost them last year and it may well be the same this year. The defence needs to start defending for 90 minutes rather than just 85. Plus the guy i sit next to at band is a forest supporter, in for a bit of stick no doubt at next rehearsal!
    At least chance on Tuesday to see first hand how the team performes in the first home match of the season.

Still couldnt have asked for a tougher first match so hopefully it will pick up.

10. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Wrexham 2 - 0 Boston. I'm very pleased with the result as I felt it important to get off to a winning start at home after getting relegated last season. Just have to say that Boston were one of, if not the dirtiest team I have ever seen - the only thing they offered to the game was continual fouls on Wrexham players both on and off the ball. That coupled with a totally inept display of refereeing made for a very intense afternoons viewing!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Football League
    Opening Day
    Wrexham
    any
    anyone
  12. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Really chuffed as the MK Mongs threw away a 2 goal lead against Bournemouth!! Hopefully that's the taste of things to come for the Franchise. :clap:

13. becks164

becks164 Member

well i cant believe we lost to forest yesterday whats that all bout. yet again we lost it in the last fine mins. it seems to be a bit of a habit this!!! but its only the first game cant wait fir tesday to see marcus stewart again what a game thats going to be

14. 2nd man down

Hmm...I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell. :mad:

15. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I went to Hull v QPR on Saturday, although it finished 0-0 it was actually a good match. Considering Hull came up a league, I thought they did themselves proud and showed some promise for the rest of the season.

As for the ''racist chanting'' and the ''dozens of QPR fans leaving in disgust'' that's been reported in the papers, I can honestly say, I heard or saw nothing like that anywhere in the ground.

Roll on next Saturday when Liverpool play their 6th competitive match of the season. It'll still be Ferguscum, Whinger and the Chav$ki lot moaning about too many games though :rolleyes:

16. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

St Glen..............WHAT ARE YOU DOING...When they get a man sent off we are supposed to score...
    :(

Ah well lets hope it's not 20 draws this season..we have the mighty Palace tomorrow night then Hull on Saturday. :/ mmmmmm

17. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

manchester city v west bromwich albion, Saturday at 3:00pm.

:D

18. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

This is what I'll be able to see...

19. The Cornet King

Back of the net...Pawel Abbott saves the day in the 89th minute.
    HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1- Bristol City 0 :terrier

Should give the season a lift after the opening day defeat. Abbott has 2 in 2, looks on good form. Defences beware! :p

20. 2nd man down

Aye, normal business is resumed...up the terriers.

21. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

While Watford is my 2nd English team to support, I am still quite worried. Some websites I have seen have them to go down this year and a draw and loss in the first two matches is not looking good!!

BTW I went to the Fulham vs. MLS All Star Match last week and was gutted Mr. Helgusen did not get to play!!!

At least McBride played, which I can not say was the case when I saw Fulham v. Watford in the FA cup last winter!!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Football League
    Opening Day
    Wrexham
    any
    anyone