Football/Band clashes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Band Lads Army, Nov 8, 2005.

1. A big follower of Burton Albion but tonight I sacrificed going or staying at home to watch it on the box for SA band.

The annoying thing is that it was supposed to be Sat , but was moved for tv tonight , so I miss it :( .

Anybody else get clashes like this?

The other annoying thing is the fact I only have Monday and Wednesday nights free each week so I can't really go to a non sa brass band too now either. Why did i agree to work Thursday and Friday nights at Argos?! :frown:

EDIT::IT's off! ,:biggrin: ,sad for my mates though going all that way.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Burton Albion
    SA
    Sat
    Band clashes
    SA band
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

This has happened to me on many occasions in the past. I have to be honest and admit that football has always won!

However The Canaries home matches midweek tend to be on a Tuesday saving me from making that awful decision.

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

Thursday night rehearsals as a Liverpool fan are soul destroying :(

5. :) I'm a Liverpool fan as well as Burton ,but luckily some of our games are wednesdays or I get lucky and band is called off. Not as bad as people who miss an sa meeting for a match , in a high position as well.

Doesn't matter the match is now saturday because I'm going to Enfield at WBMH in the evening anyway

6. vonny

vonny Member

Oh my lets get the 'cello's' out for these boys..:biggrin: :biggrin:

7. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Thank you vonny, for your concern for us!!!! :biggrin: People just do not realise the band football dilema. Season before last the area contest was on a Saturday and I had to miss a home match, it was awful. I even hoped for an early draw so I could miss post contest beer and drive back for kick off!!

8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Thankfully it's not been a problem to me thus far this season...the only game that has clashed with a rehearsal was the Bradford away match which was on Sky and as it happened we had baby sitting issues that night anyway, so I just stayed home (with a legitimate excuse) and got to watch the match while Deb went to band.

Just for the record we stuffed em 2-1! 3 points, thank you very much. :biggrin:

ea-say...ea-say...ea-say....ea-say...YOUSHADDAAAAAPP!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

9. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Cricket is the sport that clashes for me.

It has to be a very important job for me to miss a league game on a Saturday.

10. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Would have thought any night as a Liverpool fan is soul destroying

11. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

Big problem for me in the past and probably in the future too!

Scarborough FC home and away every week. If a band concert happens to stop this routine then I don't let it ;)

Oh, and the Regionals are on a SATURDAY. WHAT THE HELL?!?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Burton Albion
    SA
    Sat
    Band clashes
    SA band
  13. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Ours too is a Saturday next year and will be missing the visit of Sheffield United to Carrow Road. Unless of course I take my car and hope for an early draw!!

14. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

We're at home so if possibly I need to get from Halifax to Scarborough after the contest!

Early draw please but that's silly because I'll stay for results anyway!

15. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Or you could always play with the rest of the band in St George's Hall BRADFORD! :rolleyes: ;)

16. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yeah...where the hell are you playing next March Matt?? :eek:

17. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

No contest - the Hammers come first!

I am fortunate to have a deputy MD who is also a Hammer and is always happy to take the band when this happens. (as long as I give him a running sms commentary!).

This will of course become a bigger problem next year when we return to Europe!

18. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

The Anglo-Italian Cup/Simod cup stopped many years ago, Andy! ;)

Or perhaps you're talking about playing Cardiff away on a wet tuesday night again!?? :biggrin:

19. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

It was replaced in some ways by the InterToto Cup (which we also won btw) and gives a UEFA cup place. Having said that, I had more of a direct qualification for that in mind.

As for Cardiff, chances of them joining us in the Premier are somewhat slim.

European Cup Winners Cup, InterToto Cup (only British team to win this to date) , World Cup - enough said.

Considering I've applied for a job in Warsaw, these might turn out to be somewhat nearer anyway! (Finally got caught by outsourcing leading to redundancy)

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Is that the band or the football club :?: :shock: ;-)

21. Trog's

Trog's Member

To right!! The Grand Shield is the worst one for me!!! It always clashes, and to make matters worse I'd just missed a century by 4 runs the week before this year grand shield!!

22. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

We switched it to Halifax cos we're champions and are important enough to do stuff like that. ;)