food mistakes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Euph-Bari, May 28, 2004.

1. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Just had cheese on toast, for the first time strangely enough
    heard that lea and perrings was really nice on it, but had none
    so i used what i THOUGHT was similar, splashed a load on
    sat down to enjoy, my head nearly blew off!

how was i to know Tobasco was hot!!!!!! :guiness (looking at the bottle might have given me a clue, but was too hungry to look :roll: )

anyone else done foolish things like this?

subsequently i didn't Finnish it, not a fan of hot food lol
  2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Experimenting with food it never a it an experience that you won't repeat!

Marmite and cinnamon on wasn't horrible, but, it just wasn't quite right :?
  3. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Once as a kid, I made myself Lemon Pancakes, under the logic of "If a little lemon is good.............."

Another reason I don't study medicine.
  4. amgray

amgray Member

Try RTFM!! (or RTFL where label is The last word)
    Lea and Perrins - "Worcestershire sauce - provides instant richness" and is a safe brown colour, Tababsco - "Pepper Sauce etc..", bright red!! :shock: :shock:
    Alternatively TASTE THEM FIRST!!!!
    Having said all that, experiment.
  5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Heavily peanut buttered toast dipped in Heinz tinned macaroni cheese - tastes strongly of iron, for some reason...

I once had a similarly lemon-related disaster - the first meal I ever cooked, I fried up some minced beef, and squeezed all the juice from a whole lemon into it while cooking - a piquant infusion of taste, I thought - no.... By the end, it felt as if my gums were bleeding and my teeth had melted...
  6. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Ever had a curry with paneer in it? Its that weird but yummy cheese that doesn't melt....... when I was a pauper student a bunch of us tried to cook our own version of spinach paneer balti, but we used cheapo cheddar instead. :shock: We never found out what it tasted like, and I had to buy a new saucepan!!

Curry powder on peanut butter doesn't work either! :lol:
  7. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

You know, if you find a cheese you like, you'll never need anything else on your cheese-on-toast! :D

Bloody 'ell though Jez, kebabs and now cheese-on-toast! ;)
  8. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

aye still need to try a kebab, or shall i just not bother?
  9. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

u seem quite unlucky with food, and u seem like a fairly nice chap.... wouldnt want u to die. steer away from the kebabs.... for ur own good!!!
  10. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

hehe! thanx for the advise, will keep it in mind
  11. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

When cooking frozen pizza do remember to check underneath to see if there's a thin layer of polystyrene lurking there (why?).

Or learn from your mistakes.

12. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Going back to what Jez(euph-bari) said I love toast with beans on top then under the grill with cheese and tomato and a wee drop brown sauce to finish--Cheese Beanos I call them--a meal on its own :lol: Mind and not burn them them all you girls out there :shock:
  13. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Mmmm we have cheese & bean toasties at college... mmmmm heaven in a toasted sarnie. The beans keep the cheese melted, mmm its beaudyful! Not all that out of the ordinary tho, Oooo n jacket potatoes n cheese and beans, thats also rather tasty!
  14. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Oh no Jez, steer well clear of the kebabs, you'll have much more fun with cheese on toast, we just eat them because we're drunk and don't expect to live very long! ;)
  15. I got bored once & put chocolate on leftover spaghetti = :x ! But, applesauce & spaghetti go well 2gether!
  16. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

When I was in Basic training our Troop Sergeant said we had to eat all of our ration packs. Being quite new we were slow at our first breakfast in the field. So to speed things up we mixed our beans and sausages with our porridge oats and then tried to eat all!! Never again!! A shovel is a handy bit of kit for burying unwanted food!!!
  17. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I know someone who regularly have jam and peanut butter sandwiches - all in the same sandwich! :shock:

I remember a few years ago my mum bought tomato ketchup but didn't read the label - as it said hot n spicy!!!!! Her excuse was that she wasn't wearing her glasses whilst she was shopping!
  18. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

jam and peanut butter sandwiches are the BEST!!!!
  19. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

It needs to be blackcurrant jam and peanut butter - yummy yummy.

There was a girl at my school who used to put Cadbury's flake (other chocolate is available) into her tomato soup. I think she also sometimes had cold custard in her sandwiches too! :?
  20. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Chocolate cake and Chips are good too!!!!! :D