Fodens Richardson Award- winning Arrangement

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by crabtree-music, May 15, 2004.

1. Congrtulations once again to Alan Morrison on winning the "Fodens Richardson Best New Arrangement" award for 2004.

This "truly splendid" arrangement set as a Cornet solo is now available in three versions from Crabtree Music Publications.

Over the Rainbow
    Harburg/Arlen arr. Alan Morrison

Cornet Solo with Brass Band Accompaniment.....Order Ref : CMP000061.....Price: £25.00

Cornet/Trumpet Solo with Piano Accompaniment.....Order Ref : CMP000064.....Price: £10.00

Brass Quintet Version (Cornet/Trumpet Solo, as performed by Alan with SONAR Brass).....Order Ref : CMP000065.....Price: £15.00

All three versions come with solo parts for Eb Soprano and Bb Cornet.

These are all available online at our website, via telephone +44 (0)1359 244620, fax +44 (0)1359 245127 or through all recognised brass dealers.

Contact us for more details or for a free copy of our latest catalogue.
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Having heard Alan play it with Sonar at Regent Hall last year, it certainly works very well, and would be a real asset to any quintet :wink:
  3. Moy

Moy Active Member

Thought they weren't supposed to be performed before the competition.
  4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

:shock: i too thought it was suposed to have been un herad before the contest :shock:
  5. TO clarify this matter the rules stated that: NO entry will be accepted if it has been performed by any ensemble before the closing date of the competition. (4th July 2003).
  6. Moy

Moy Active Member

Yeh that's what I said.
    So how come it got through to be judged then??
    I know some others were disqualified because they had been performed.
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Closing date for competition: 4th July 2003

Sonar Brass at Regent Hall: 17th October 2003

No problem :wink: