Fodens and the opera babes

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by wilky, Jan 11, 2005.

1. wilky

wilky Member

Fodens Richardson Band will be appearing in concert with the world famous 'Opera Babes' on the following dates

11/02/05 buxton opera house (box office 0845 1272190)

12/02/05 St Georges Hall Bradford (box office 01274 432000)

05/03/05 Anvil, Basingstoke (box office 01256 844244)

Above concerts are entitled 'A Night at the Opera' and feature all the well known operatic overtures and interludes.

If you are interested in tickets please book soon as all concerts are expected to be sell outs
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Better settle down for a long night then :shock:

Seriously, hope the concerts are a success, and are a real showcase of what bands can do when given the chance. No doubt there will be many in the audience who've not really sat down to listen to a band before, and so it is a great opportunity to win some new friends ;)
  3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I went to the first concert when they played in south London. Fantastic show (as you might expect)!

If I remember correctly, the way it worked it the band plays a couple of tunes, the ladies sing a couple of solos/duets (trading off) and the band plays another tune...interval...and a simlar second half.

I'll be the first to admit that I really came to see Foden's and just hoped the Operababes wouldn't get in the way of a nice band concert, but they were a very nice compliment and quite enjoyable as well.
  4. Dianamite

Dianamite Member

I knew BBCbari would post-in on this one.....the Opera Babes are also quite good looking (hot!), and he was most pleased to get his picture taken with them after the show!!!

Great concert- highly recommend it!

Attached Files: