Flugels anybody?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by matt_the_mad_man, Feb 15, 2004.

1. matt_the_mad_man

matt_the_mad_man New Member

im lead trumpet in a big band and i could really do with a flugel but i have no clue of where to look or what to look for, if anybody is selling, knows anybody selling or knows where to buy probably beginner/intermediat flugels, please contact me...
    -matt :D
  2. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Our band have got a silver plated Getzen available.
    The serial number, KHxxxx, indicates it was made between 1980 and 1985.
    We haven't used it for some years as firstly the player used her own instrument and then the band bought a new one for her and the person responsible for the purchase at the time didn't trade in the old one!

I know the case needs the carry handle repairing and the instrument probably needs a good clean up.
  3. daisygemma

daisygemma Member

Otlry Brass Band (West Yorks) have just bought a new flugel and are looking to sell their old one.

It is a Besson International, about 5 years old and in reasonable condition. I am planning on posting more info and piccies later this week.

Send me a PM if you want more info.
  4. ssmith

ssmith New Member

Courtois Flugal

Hi Matt,

Just posted my wifes flugal on the site and noticed that you were looking for one. We have a Courtois Flugal for sale. It is approx 8 years old and has had one owner and not been used much. It has soft case and a hard case a mute and two mouthpieces and is in very good nick. My wife who is an ex army trumpet player says the instrument has lovely intonation and is a very free and easy blow. I think the current retail price is in excess of £1200 (I'd have to check so dont quote me). We are looking for £750 for it so give us a call if your interested. Your welcome to come and have a blow if you like we live near Milton Keynes.

Simon Smith.

JOCKBLAST! Member

Flugels Anybody!

I would say you should look on the Conn website!
    I play on Conn flugels & find them to be the best all round
    answer to the problem!!!!!!!
    Steve s.
  6. Moy

Moy Active Member

Re: Courtois Flugal

The problem with that price is if any child buys an instrument through school...here in Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire.....they get a new one for about that price. Education discount plus no VAT. Not many people ever pay retail prices anyway, always get some discount. Sorry
  7. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member