flugel solos

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Catherine81, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Catherine81

Catherine81 Member

Hi

I am looking for a flugel solo that is not too taxing, I was a grade 8 player in my youth, but am probably about grade 6 now. Any suggestions?

2. brassylass

brassylass New Member

Loads of great Flugel solos around. I'll walk with god, Misty, Alfie, Children of Sanchez..... Depends if its for band accomp or piano. Just music is great for looking at the parts etc... as you can view the PDFs

3. Catherine81

Catherine81 Member

Thanks. I quite fancy Children of Sanchez but cannot find it anywhere. I just want a flugel solo part for my personal practice

4. Catherine81

Catherine81 Member

There's also a flugel solo mentioned on Variations of Laudate Dominium, I think it's called Variations on a Swiss Rhapsody for Flugel. It's a Salvation Army piece.

5. brassylass

brassylass New Member

I'm not a flugelhorn player so cannot help with parts - sorry. Just know what I have played with bands in the past that are nice to listen to :) Is there a local band you can ask to see if they have a copy?

6. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

I used to have a book of Flugel solo excerpts which was useful. Can't remember the title but there was a series of them for all instruments. There are a couple of free websites with some quite nice solos in, just google "Flugel solos" and see what you find. I love the Caccini Ave Maria solo but I don't know if you'll find one now (not the version I had anyway).

Catherine81 likes this.
  7. Bruce Chidester

Bruce Chidester New Member

We have 100's of solos which would work.

Check this one out at...

Trumpet Ensemble Music