Flugel solo

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by WONKYSTICKMAN, Aug 7, 2003.

Can anybody help please,i need to find the publishers of a Flugel solo(i think),it`s called I`ve got you under my skin,
    Thanks for any help
    M/D Watford Silver Band
  2. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

I would have thought this would be a 'bone solo ;)

<how's that then, Mr. Peter Pun? :D >
  3. Ankanala

Ankanala Member

I think you will find it is published on the IMP/Warner catalogue. Give Robin Norman a ring at Warners.

4. LU-Brasser

LU-Brasser Member

I think I can help you... I hope...
    We play that piece in the army, Its one piece from Frank Sinatra Selection, called Frankly Speaking, arr. by M Free. You can buy it at Bandsupplies..

The CD with recording with that piece...
  5. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

beaten at last do you think. . . . ?
  6. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

:lol: I've got it on a CD "Swing with the big band" MD Dave Arch.....I believe it is a Nelson Riddle arrangement for Sinatra recorded in the 50's......the arrangement with the build up to a cracking trombone feature halfway through........will check further and let you know :lol:
  7. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Highly recommended Bass Trom part, by the way...
  8. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

absol flippin lutely !! :wink:
  9. bladder

bladder Member

...listen to the original recording and hear a band SWING playing crotchets on the beat!! The bit I mean is the <ahem>background</ahem> to the arse-ripping trombone solo, Frank Rossolino I believe. Also listen to the Bass Trombone at the start and hear how to swing that as well!!
  10. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

I taught George Roberts everything he knows!! :D
  11. euphemism

euphemism Member

and there are 2 other pieces in Frankly Speaking - which are pretty good too- a nice - but hard trombone solo - think its all the way - then a version of my way - we've done it on Euph - but can be done on cornet
  12. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

int it new york new york carl?
  13. beard_4b

beard_4b Member

I'm sure you play golden slippers as a flugel solo aswell!!!!! :D