Flugel Solo from Will the Sec.

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Roger Thorne, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Our very own tMP'er Will the Sec (William Elsom) has composed this piece for Flugel Horn player, Ian Hayto.
    Ian plays for the Wigston Band and as you are all probably aware is also a Moderator (Wooden Flugel)
    on theMouthPiece.com forum, hence the title of this piece!

The Ballad of the Wooden Flugel

Brass Band Score and Set of Parts - £18.00

Will has asked us to donate all proceeds from the sales of this music to help secure further developments on theMouthPiece.com.
    On behalf of the tMP Management Team may I thank Will for his generous offer. :clap:

Click on the title above or visit our Web Site to view and listen to the above title and our present selection of
    Brass Band Compositions and Arrangements.

FREE Soloists copies available for Printing.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Wow Will, thats reaaaaaaaaaally nice of you. What a star. :biggrin::clap: I trust you'll be stood at Roger's side tomorrow on the stand proudly selling your work? :)
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

If people will let me get to bed tonight!!
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Will... you are a super star sir, thanks for your support of tMP which I know, ever since I first met you, has been exemplary. Thank you... :tup
  5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Will the royalties run to a spellchecker, perhaps, John? :rolleyes:
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Aww come on... it was late after all :oops:
  7. HBB

HBB Active Member

That's a really nice gesture Will! Long live tMP!
  8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Big, big thanks to Will for this - a totally unprovoked and random act of kindness on his part. I'm a bit humbled that someone would want to name a piece after my alter-ego.

BTW - before any smart Alecs make the connection (RT?? ;) ) yes, I was out of the country when TBotWF made it's commercial debut at the Whychavon contest. I would like to state that this was a scheduled Hayto family holiday and had nothing to do with the launch, my performance at the finals, or the fact that I can't actually play "my" peice as yet....:eek: :rolleyes: :wink:
  9. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Nice gesture Will!

It's a gorgeous piece and I encourage everyone who's ever considered playing flugel to go out and buy it!!! (or should that be stay in and buy it!)

Rach x