Flugel Player Moving to Lincoln

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by v_star, Mar 12, 2008.

1. v_star

v_star Member

Hi, I'm a flugel player moving to Lincoln to do a PGCE in Primary Ed in August.

I'm looking for a band to play with in the area, maybe to keep my lip in primarily. I'm not sure what my commitment level can be at the moment, and would be comfortable in a 2nd section band (its been a while since I played flugel regularly)

I've played flugel for various ensembles, and more often cornet, for bands such as United Coop Yorkshire and Enderby Senior Band. (Championship / 1st Section)

Any ideas anyone?

Vicki

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Lincoln Hi
    Flugel Player
    Lincoln
    Primary Ed
    section band
  3. cherrybassett

cherrybassett Member

looking for a flugel player

We (Hopkins Blidworth) (1st section) are currently looking for front row cornet players if that is any help to you but we are based in Nottinghamshire. You could always contact Ransomes who are now a non contesting band and are based in Newark and Fossdyke arent too far away from Lincoln. PM me if you need any numbers.

Karen

4. QubaMan

QubaMan New Member

Lincoln Bands

The only contesting band in Lincoln is Foss Dyke (5th place in Midland 1st section with James Cook).
    Have a visit to www.fossdyke-band.co.uk. for further details.

Qubaman

5. grausue

grausue Member

Hi Vicky,

There are quite a few bands in Lincoln who would all welcome you in, I'm sure. On the website for Banovallum Brass Horncastle, there is a list of all the websites I could find of bands in Lincolnshire (go to the links page). That might help in your search. I suppose it depends a bit on where you end up living in relation to Lincoln. Foss Dyke are in Waddington which is only just outside Lincoln (although the other side from Bishop Grosseteste) and we'd be happy for you to come along and have a go. PM me if you're interested.

The Grauler

6. The Bass Boy

The Bass Boy Member

7. grausue

grausue Member

Best Website

The Bass Boy, I love your website! :clap: Gonna add the link to ours in Horncastle. Thanks for that.

:D :D :D :D