Flugel player looking for band-North West

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by shrek, May 17, 2010.

1. shrek

shrek New Member

I'm looking for a friendly band to play with in the North West area. I live close to Wigan but prepared to travel within reason.
  2. wagger-g

wagger-g Member

Flug vacancy

Hi Shrek

We have just lost our flug to Freck so we have a big fat vacancy just for you! I'm new to the band myself and I can assure you they are really friendly :D and enthusiastic. Please have a look at our website for details.
  3. paulspud

paulspud Member

Come down to Old Hall Brass

Hi Shrek,

Whilst we don't have a flugel vacancy, we have front and back row cornet opportunities at Old Hall Brass. We are based at Roby Mill, so not too far out of Wigan. We rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays, 8pm - 9.45pm. Contact us via www.oldhallbrass.co.uk, via pm, or give me a call on 07889 271291 if you are interested.

Hope to see you soon!

4. we at hebden bridge have a solo cornet vaconcy if your intrested championship 2011, national finals in sept, pm me if intrested

5. Columbo

Columbo Member

Boarshurst are looking.
  6. $hytalk

$hytalk Member

I have a very good and very flexible flugel player and could probably accommodate you if you would like to play for a very friendly 4th section band who are quite progressive, ambitious and on the way back. I personally am having great fun and enjoying the challenge of building a band.....you might! Send me a message if you are interested. Regards, John.
  7. Mofman

Mofman Member

The Marple Band are after front row players if you are able/willing to change instruments?
  8. Blagger

Blagger Member

Could really recommend Coppull and Standish.
    They must be really near to you... ;)
  9. HughesJE09

HughesJE09 Member

Besses O'th The Barn Band Have A Vacant Seat ON front Row if you are Interested ?
    (2nd section)
  10. Sopfonix

Sopfonix Member

If you are still looking for a band our current flugal player is willing to step down and move over to cornet if you want to give Eagley a try.

Eagley Soprano Cornet
  11. History Girl

History Girl New Member

Uppermill Band (Second Section in 2011) have a vacancy for a Flugel Player, may be a little far for you, but please feel free to have a look on our Web Site uppermillband.com :)
  12. wagger-g

wagger-g Member

great opportunities

Hi Shrek

I'm just back from hols and I see you have not yet posted a response to these sparkling offers so I was wondering where we are going on this one? :-?

13. ashwortdn

ashwortdn Member

hi shrek,

Boarshurst are looking for a selection of cornet players in the lovely saddleworth district. pm me if your interested