Flugel mouthpiece ?which one?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by emmah, Nov 15, 2006.

1. emmah

emmah New Member

I've just moved from cornet to flugel but it desperately needs a new mouthpiece. Can anyone tell me which make and size i should go for?

If it's any help i played on a denis wick size 4 cornet mouthpiece before.
  2. Cornet_player

Cornet_player Member

i play cornet it on a DW 4B and flugel on a DW 4FL. I think thats pretty standard but like everything its personal preference!! Id recommend trying to borrow some different ones and having a blow (often difficult I know!)
  3. leisa

leisa Active Member

hi, I have also just done the same thing.

I used to play on a RW4 and was told that u need to get the same number size for the flugel so i now have a dennis wick 4FL, which is really comfortable now. So u would probably be comfortable with the same one!
  4. Griffis

Griffis Member

Having also just made the switch from Cornet to Flugel, I've found myself playing a Wick 4FL too, but that's only because it was the only m/piece in the shop at the time.

I used to play on a Wick 3 on my Cornet before getting my hands on the new DK Yamaha m/piece, and I'm not sure if it's just me, but the 4FL seems absolutely huge in comparison...could be just me though :-?

I actually wouldnt mind trying some other brand one-day, but for now, I think I'll try and get used to this one

Hope this helps, and best of luck on flugel
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2006