Flugel horn solo - alfie!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by skweeky, Oct 28, 2008.

1. skweeky

skweeky Member

Can anyone tell me who published (or is selling) the solo arrangement for Flug and brass band to Bacharach and David's 'Alfie!'?

I have had a quick scout on the net with no luck... Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
  2. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Does such a thing exist? Hope not! The only version I've come across is for Tenor horn but my recommendation is don't do it!:eek:
  3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Whats it all about?
  4. Di

Di Active Member

A quick search on google threw up a news item from Sandhurst band saying that this had been played at a concert. There are a few members from Sandhurst on tMP which you can find by using the "advanced search" under "members". Unless someone has come up with the name of the publisher before hand, perhaps one of them would be kind enough to have a look next time they're at band. ;)
  5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

bill geldard arrangement...tenor horn
    rosehill or windwood published if memory serves me
  6. bob chives

bob chives New Member

Think Denzil Stephens done an arrangement for flugal years ago for cory band it may be published by now
  7. WagTheStick

WagTheStick Member

Arranged by Ian McElligott - not published though. Gareth Lancaster has it if you know him - or speak nicely to Ian.
  8. euphalogy

euphalogy Member

i have a score (copy) of the said item, no parts tho. PM me and i will give you the details.
  9. jonesbp

jonesbp Member

Jon Bennett did an arrangement a while ago for Flugel, I don't think it has been published though. It is definately in the Tilbury band Library, If you would like me to speak to him to try to organise a copy for you the I can do that. Just PM me with your details.
  10. Mofman

Mofman Member

VBS Poynton Band have it and its on our latest CD 'Musical Refelctions'. Nice arrangement too by Ian D McElligott
  11. WagTheStick

WagTheStick Member

Wouldn't shout too loud - I pulled it from the BABB CD because we couldn't get confirmation that the permissions were in place
  12. chill

chill Member

Shout if you need me to put you in contact with Ian. He is Sandhurst's MD
  13. skweeky

skweeky Member

Yes please!