Flugel/Horn player going to be in manchester area...

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Caz Clay, May 8, 2007.

1. Caz Clay

Caz Clay New Member

Hey, I'm currently a flugel player looking to find a new band for when i move to University at Manchester this september!!

Countless searches on the internet have brought up no bands in the area so i've brought my search here!!

I have played front row with a first section band here in yorkshire so I am a fairly decent player looking for a band of a standard anything below that, be it competing or non-competing, but as long as the social aspect is there!! It would also be handy if any of the players would be willing to give lifts to the band from somewhere near oxford road if possible!!

I'm willing to play horn as i do have my own sovereign after playing that too for ten years (as i realise a flugel seat would be like finding gold dust!!;) )

Anyone know of any availabilities??
    Caroline

2. sopranoplayer

sopranoplayer Member

www.blackburnanddarwenband.co.uk are looking for a tenor horn player, 1st or 2nd seat available depending on ability. Socials aplenty as long as you like beer and a curry :)

We also have a newly formed band called Darwen brass who will be contesting in the near future. Whatever standard you are after we can accomodate :)

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  3. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Caroline is a superb Flugal player ladies and gents - a fantastic tone and great sound. She can nail some top solos of various styles too - Soul Bossa Nova to the beautiful tune in Irish Blessing - all in the same concert.

I am sure she would make a top Flugal player for any band that has a vacancy - certainly good enough for the soloistic seat up to and including the 1st section, given the chance she could play higher too.

Be warned though, she is mad as a badger! ;-)

4. ukdisco.com

ukdisco.com Member

Why dont You Try Denton Brass the are an Up and Coming Band Load of Fun People The ave A Ginger Bass Player who makes me Laugh
    Or
    Belle Vue Brass they are both quite close to Manchester City Centre

5. brass stick

brass stick Member

6. Caz Clay

Caz Clay New Member

Cheers for that Oli!! Scare off all prospective brass banding bosoms for me to be a part of!! You've burst my sane bubble that i've managed to build for myself on here!! I'm not that mad... just partial to that old problem of say before you think aren't i oli!!:D

7. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

But you are quuite lovely with it :-D

8. Hey Caroline, I'm from Denton Brass and get the bus or a lift from around oxford road, as a couple of us live there, we have front row seat available.

9. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Hiya

I sent you a PM a couple of days ago, I'm from blackley band and we also have a front row seat available, you are more than welcome to come down for a blow with us.

10. madsaz

madsaz Member

Ashton Band would be delighted to gain a decent flugel player - we are not that far away, plenty of players working in the city. email me or pm me, or contact details of MD etc available via the website: www.ashtonband.co.uk

WE have a really, really exciting gig coming up in September, though I am not allowed to say what it is yet.....

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    area
    player
    manchester
    Horn
    Flugel