Flugel and Horn player in need of new home!!!!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by BluBug77, Sep 6, 2012.

1. BluBug77

BluBug77 New Member

My husband and I are in need of a new band if anyone is able to help? Preferably in the Manchester/Saddleworth area but are willing to travel to West Yorkshire.

Hubby is a solo horn player with 30+ years experience, championship standard but willing to play at any level.

I was previously a horn player with 20+ years experience but have spent the past 18 months playing Flugel in the 2nd section and this is what I want to continue to play. I'm totally committed, practice hard and have put a lot of work in over the past 18mth including additional private tuition.

My daughter plays back row cornet and my son is a percussionist (drums mainly but some tuned) and both have played continually with me in the 2nd section for the past 18 months.

Looking to join somewhere but at this stage are happy to just come along for the occasional blow if that's all you can offer.

Thanks x
  2. adyloader

adyloader New Member

Hi there we need 2 horn players & a cornet player plus assistant percusion, we are Arnfield Brass of tintwistle, we practice at Hadfield Conservative club every Wednesday night 8-00pm untill 10-00pm. We have a very busy concert schedule and do the ocasional contest when up to full strength.
    Our maine aim is to entertain the public with our varied popular music and enjoy ourselves through our playing and friendship between our members. We see ourselves as a unique group of people deviate from traditional brass bands in our aproach to entertainment, you will have to come along to have the Arnfield experience. For further info visit our website at arnfieldbrass.co.uk
    regards Adrian ( Musical Director )
  3. chris.neufeld

chris.neufeld Member

Reddish Brass currently have vacancies for flugel and horn (as well as back row cornet and kit percussion). We rehearse on Thursday evenings 8pm to 10pm at St Elisabeths Church, Bedford Street, Reddish, SK5 6DH. For further information visit our website www.reddishprizeband.co.uk , or PM me on here, or e-mail me directly on chris.d.neufeld@gmail.com