Flugal Help

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by waynefiler, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

I've come into a bit of money and looking to buy a flugal, but unsure of what to get. I've been looking through loads of sites to see what I fancy but unsure as many of the horns i've never heard of!

I'm looking for a proffesional model with a 3rd valve trigger, it has to look good too.

I've played the Maestro, and a Strad and they were great but a bit out of my price range. I've looked at the flugals from LMI, Virtuosi, Jupiter (dont fancy one of those) and many more. I'm just looking for a bit of feedback about the flugals you guys have blown and what you think of them.

Thanx all, I look forward to the replies.

IOT, HM!
  2. davidsait

davidsait Member

I like the sound that the three valve Courtois I played made.
  3. bumperman

bumperman Member

Bands just bought me a Bach Strad flugel and its awesome. I know that there pricey but at the end of the day quality costs. My previous flugel was an old Benge which sound wise was good but tuning was all over (that may have been me!) Also tried a Courtois but but didn't think much to it.

I played a Yamaha flugel at my old band which was a good instrument but sounded a bit like a cornet. Tuning was fine though on it.

Just have a trip to a shop and try some out! Thats what I did, went to Band Supplies in Leeds and had a go with what they had!
  4. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

4br have just done a review on the new Eclipse Flugel here, some great remarks and good write-up, altho its alittle bit dearer than a Bach (£300-£400).

Try them all and see what your happy with personally, thats really all there is to say!
  5. Di

Di Active Member

There's a couple of threads already, here and here with several opinions being offered on the subject of flugels. ;)
  6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

As Di says there is lots of good discussion on those threads, so to keep things tidy I'll lock this one. These days, there is plenty of choice on the market, one bit of advice though - shop around and try as many as you can. Good luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.