Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by groovy, Mar 14, 2004.

1. groovy

groovy Active Member

2. HBB

HBB Active Member

That's really odd :shock:
  3. George BB

George BB Member

There was a Cimbasso on one of the trade stands at last year's Tuba and Eupho do in Manchester. The sound from it was just awesome.
    Would think the Fluba would equal it. :lol:
  4. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Great fun - I want one!!
  5. the fish

the fish Member

Good Grief :!: surely that must give you arm ache :!:
  6. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

i would LOVE to have a go on one of them!!

Bet it would really wreck your arms though. And your lungs for that matter!!!
  7. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

If you know a source which supplies BBW free of charge, I'd be obliged if you shared it with us. Most of us have to pay £3.85 a month for the privelege.
  8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Can you imagine the arm ache after a 2 hour rehearsal - ouch! :x It'd hurt so much you wouldn't be able to lift your post-practice pint, and what a disaster that would be for a tuba player :D

Didn't I see somewhere that the Flugel Horn is actually a member of the tuba family? :dunno
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member

I think it was Flixton's Site.
  10. WoodenFlugel

Ah yes you're right. :lol:

So I'm offically a "dirty" tuba player then. Well that might explain my drinking habits after the Area. Either that or the *beep* result! :shock:
  11. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'd go with the latter ... :)
  12. WoodenFlugel

yeesss :oops: :roll: :shock:
  13. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I want to have a go on one of them! That is sooooo cool!! wow! hehe :lol: :roll:
  14. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol, was thinking of Flubber when i opened this thread, and then opened up the link and was quite suprised! :shock: :D :lol:
  15. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

It's just a Eb contrabass trumpet, don't know what's so strange about it... :wink:

I confess that I was expecting to see a Tuba made out of Flubber or something.
  16. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i thought it was going to be a tuba sized flute... :oops:

well, I'm sure if I had lots of money to waste on pointless instruments, I'd get one of those!
  17. groovy

groovy Active Member

They were on a stand at the Scottish, and you could just pick one up. I expect it was a promotional copy or something - it was someone else that got it so i don't know for sure.
  18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

or possibly said copy was accidentally pilfered....
  19. RondoRotundo

RondoRotundo Member

You could certainly create some new hairstyles for your horn section during an ff passage!!
  20. groovy

groovy Active Member

NO!! :evil: :? :wink: :wink: :wink:
    It said "everything on this table free" and there was a random dude supervising it!

What do you take me for??

(Don't answer that! :shock: :p )