Flowers go for Holland.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by weenie, Apr 1, 2009.

1. weenie

weenie Member

The Flowers Band are pleased to announce the arrival of Paul Holland as their new musical director. Paul has teamed up with Flowers after seven successful years as musical director of the Newbridge (Celynen) Band in Wales, who he guided from the third section to championship section status. Speaking on the appointment, band manager Lee Downie stated, "We are delighted to welcome Paul to the band. We have been without a full time musical director since the departure of Philip Harper last July and Paul's arrival will undoubtedly add the stability that we need to go forward for the rest of this year and beyond".

Commenting on his new venture Paul said, "I am extremely excited about the opportunity to work with the Flowers Band and its management team, in pushing the band forward to help achieve the ambitions set out at the beginning of the year.
    I am also looking forward to the variety of contest and concert work and feel that the band can achieve extremely high levels of excellence in both of these fields. Having spent most of my conducting career in Wales, I am delighted to extend my experience to the Flowers Band and I am sure that our hard work will provide for a fruitful and satisfying partnership".

Paul's first engagement with his new band will be at the Bacon Theatre in Cheltenham later this month, where the band are presenting an evening of brass band classics.