Flowers coming to Minehead next Sunday (29th)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Rapier, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

So, what will you be playing?

2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Oops. That should be the 29th.

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Edited for you.

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Thanks Peter.

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Come on Flowers, give me a clue. I haven't bought a ticket yet, so tempt me.:cool:

6. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Probably be starting with Home of Legends by plc, expect we'll have russlan and ludmilla in there, cornet baritone and trombone solo's, american tale, seal lullaby plus a few others. No Un Vie de Matelot though however, don't know if thats a plus or negative for you!

We promise we'll play well though.

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

OK, I'll buy a ticket today then. :tup

8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Where does one get tickets from? The 2nd trombone dep has a couple of aunts who live in Minehead who he hasn't seen in nearly 10 years...

9. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

10. Dr Bob

Dr Bob Member

Are you borrowing many players :cool: (tongue in cheek)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Minehead
    Sunday
    Flowers
  12. Tubawolves

Tubawolves Member

Absolutely, its the only way we can get a band;)??? TIC. After all we only get 24 players consistently at rehearsals. whatever would we do without Deps? :wink:Lol Seriously though we have taken it all in good heart as we have with everything else over the past year. We have had some really disappointing results despite playing to a very high standard. There was no moaning and groaning Saturday morning when we were drawn number 1 we just got on with the job. By the way we have a dep on Sop and Flugel Sunday due to vacancy and a birth (congratulations to the Malpass clan on the successful birth of your daughter)
    Hopefully see plenty of you in Minehead.

13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

You have Deps? Oh, well I'll leave my instruments at home then. :cool:

14. Tubawolves

Tubawolves Member

Lol, you could well be one of them ;)

15. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

Florrie doing well and should be home tomorrow.

16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Top, top concert. Fantastic playing and terrific programme. Well done and thanks, best concert in the Regal for years. Shame the audience was so small, but it was very poorly advertised.

17. Tubawolves

Tubawolves Member

That really is kind thank you, also a big thank you for being there and supporting the event. We thought the audience were excellent and so responsive. Well worth the journey and hopefully we'll be back again in the not too distant future better advertised. All the best Rapier