Flowers '4 Star' Signings.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by weenie, Jun 18, 2009.

1. weenie

weenie Member

The Flowers Band are pleased to announce some major signings ahead of their assault at this years English Nationals.

Phil Green, formerly of Foden's, Desford and Sovereign Brass has joined on principal Eb Bass along with Craig Williams on Bb Bass, who also arrives from Sovereign.

Andy Smith, has signed from Newbridge (Celynen) Band to take up the assistant principal cornet seat along with Welsh compatriot Lawrence Savage, also formerly of Newbridge and for many years the Sun Life Band of Bristol. Lawrence fills the vacant top second cornet seat.

Speaking about the new signings, Flowers’ musical director Paul Holland commented, "It is with some excitement that the band can boast the recent arrival of Phil Green, Craig Williams, Andrew Smith and Lawrence Savage. They are all extremely talented individuals who have already provided additional strength to the band. I am delighted that they have all settled in so quickly and we all now have our minds firmly focused on the English Nationals. We welcome them to the band and hope they have a very enjoyable and successful time with us".
  2. Spent some happy days with Lawrence at Rogey (including sharing a room with him and several others in a college in Amboise). Great cornet player and very unassuming guy.

Good to see you back in the higher echelons of banding.

Good luck and best wishes. Selwyn.
  3. timps

timps Member

Lawrence is a great guy, I will second that.

We are absolutely delighted that Phil Green, Craig Williams and Andrew Smith have decided to join. We are really looking forward to building on what is already a massively improved band since the Grand Shield and also working with our MD Paul Holland.
  4. sop 1

sop 1 Member

I will 3rd that! Gr8 to have him on the back row. :clap:
  5. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I agree with you there, Selwyn - a great person to sit next too. Seems like a bit of a Welsh party at Flowers at the moment.....can only be a good thing!!;)
  6. sop 1

sop 1 Member

too right tim! lol :biggrin:
  7. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Come back, boys! Mountain sheep are sweeter....
  8. sop 1

sop 1 Member

..... maybe Alyn but the banding is better lol ;)

9. Nice to hear from you Tim. Hope all is well with you in sunny Devon!

10. And they get stuck in the mud and can't run away.....:eek:!