flippin' companies!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rambo Chick, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

i have had it up to here with companies when trying to sort things out with them!-i believe they only exist to make life incredibly difficult! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

they happily take your money but when they've done something wrong, theres no hope of contacting them!! AAAARRGGGGHHHH!!

any fellow tMPers share my view?
  2. jpbray

jpbray Member

I am very cynical with all companies. The fact is you pays your money and takes your chance. Once they have extracted your hard earned, job done; and I believe customer services is all smoke and mirrors.
  3. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Depends who you are dealing with. As a company owner, I would like to think that my customer service is second to none - but then I don't have to deal with general consumers, only other businesses :)
  4. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

u talkin bout ur mobile company? mine are useless too....
  5. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Insurance companies arn't much better and I happen to work for one:-? :x
  6. deave

deave Member

o2 only answer when there's cash involved !!

"press 6 for ur free upgrade" <----------------- nee answer
  7. Touched a bit of a nerve here.

I ordered a phone two weeks ago and haven't got it yet. I finally got through to sales support today only to be told that my order had been cancelled.

aaagghhh!! you could have *$@^%$* told me you useless *beep*.

Glad it's not just me they do it to.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2004
  8. six pints

six pints Active Member

they are all evil!!
  9. mad_female

mad_female Member

Bagpuss and I lived in a rented property for 18 months, we left 8 months ago. Two weeks ago we recieved a bill for electricity used at the property before we left.....8 months to send a bill?? To add insult to injury as we had a card meter we have allready paid for all the electricity we used and left the meter in credit.
    When Bagpuss rang to tell them that it was not possible that we owe this money he was told that it is based on a meter reading that WE gave them...uh NO how can you read a meter that does not have the facility to give that sort of reading??

Bagpuss was told to put the dispute in writing......it's only £25 but we're not paying on principle

With regard to utility bills. Does anybody know what the cut-off limit is for late billing. For example, if you do not receive a bill from an energy provider for a couple of years, would you still have to pay the outstanding amount once it was worked out?
  11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ah, what you need to do is 'Press 4 to Disconnect' and ask for your PAC code to move your number to another operator - they answer pretty much straight away and start grovelling for you to stay! Hence, my shiny new phone, bluetooth headset and 1 months free rental!
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2004