Fleetwood Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Q.., Sep 28, 2006.

1. Q..

Q.. New Member

Who's going. Does anybody know the line up please. Particulary the top section.
  2. westburykid

westburykid Member

Wire Brass are going.
    Top section I would have thought.
  3. mattc

mattc New Member

Think the top section line up is...

Blackpool Brass
    Wire Brass
    Blackburn & Darwen
    Longridge (maybe?)
    A N Other

That's if my memory serves me correct since Tuesday. I just remember being told there were 8 in the section but can't remember the other one.
  4. Pemberton are the A N Other!

Rainford are going too (2nd section)
  5. Q..

Q.. New Member

Cheers, my dads playing in the 3rd section, might pop down to watch the championship!
  6. Q..

Q.. New Member

I think that these will be the results, so theres no point in going now I know :)

1. Freckleton
    2. Pemberton Old
    3. Longridge
    4. Haydock
    5. Wire Brass
    6. Blackburn and Darwin
    7. Poulton
    8. Blackpool Brass
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  7. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Flixton are not there but I am going to go for a listen :tup
  8. JGTrumpet2005

JGTrumpet2005 New Member

I think you may have pitched Blackpool and Wire a bit low. Recent history indicates that bands that have played at the Nationals often do very well at Fleetwood.
    Given Wire's result last week, they stand a good chance of coming out on top here, and Blackpool may manage to shock a few.
    On their day Poulton have beaten both Longridge and Blackburn, so they may manage to upset the form book too.

Anyway for the first time in a while I won't be playing at Fleetwood, so just wish to say Good Luck to all who will be there. Hope you get to play the perfomance you want, and get the result you deserve.
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member

Longridge are definately going - it's my first contest with them! Woooop :)
  10. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Should be a good contest with some excellent top section pieces. As far as I know they include Quintessence (sp?), English Heritage, Hymn at Sunrise, Between the Moon and Mexico, and Un Vie de Matelot. Don't know the others, but some good stuff on show, and good to see so many bands there for a change!
  11. andyp

andyp Active Member

We'll be there!
  12. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

pemberton are indeed going, all 3 bands out in force! looks like a good line up for top section! usually only about 4 bands in it! does any1 know any line-ups for other sections?
  13. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ill be there watching, playing, and possibly drinking...
  14. jonford

jonford Member

Anyone any ideas what time the top section starts? I know it's always hard to tell with Fleetwood but just wondered if the bands had been told an estimate time?
  15. mattc

mattc New Member

Think top section is officially 4:30 start...so that means 5:30 at least!
  16. JGTrumpet2005

JGTrumpet2005 New Member

Last I heard was "Sunday" - thought they were being a little optimisitic to be honest. ;)
  17. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

LMAO :clap:
  18. Are you coping with the language barrier Ben?
    Hope you are enjoying living in the north. See you in the bar no doubt, unless you draw last :D .
  19. HBB

HBB Active Member

Was alright until someone said something about "blewher".... which took me a while - "blue hair!"

It's reet - can't wait for me first northern contest! :)
  20. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

What time does the contest start in the morning? and what order do the sections go in? Have never made it there in the morning since we are always playing quite late on but as we are not playing I thought I could be a proper BOC and listen to all the sections :tongue: