Fleetwood contest 5th October

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jbh, Sep 20, 2003.

1. jbh

jbh New Member

I am MD of the Flixton Band in Manchester. (Manchester's most Friendly band) We are going to the Fleetwood contest on Sun the 5th October and playing Purcell Var. We are short of a BBb Tuba and Perc for the contest and we can borrow from 2nd section bands and below.
    Any Bass or Percussion players fancy a trip to the seaside? Fleetwood has the highest rate of teenage pregnacy in the UK so must be a fun place-right!
  2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Wahey Ewan has finally made a post! Fleetwood is going to be a great day. I can promise that if you come along with Flixton you will have a fantastic time and I might even buy you a drink!
  3. leisa

leisa Active Member

Wahey!!! it's gonna be top!! :p
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

That's strange, we're working up Purcell Variations too! :S

But we're going to leister not up north.

Who else is gonna be there?
  5. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

stop thread hijacking Ben!! there is already a thread on leicester!

Any basses and percussionists willing to help flixton????? :wink:
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

Sorry, el Flixtonite.

7. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Sparky invited me to come up for the Fleetwood Contest but unfortunately I am already booked up - however I will hold you to that drink you've promised Rach!!

By the way hope Flixton has a great day and brings back some silverware! :)
  8. leisa

leisa Active Member

9. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

do i have to play though? am in a section higher. :-(

besides, don't think i could play BBb, and have nil hand co-ordination!
  10. ju33les

ju33les Member

Ewan...u forgot to mention the delightful aroma of the fish industry and the sucking of Fishermen's Friends which makes a trip to Fleetwood so enjoyable!! :wink:

TIMBONE Active Member

Flixton band have been going to Fleetwood for years, (although there is no connection between this and the final sentence in Ewan's message). I musit add however, that the mothers' in Fleetwood were teenagers once!
  12. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I've spoken to sparkly about this and having concluded that my BBb playing isn't up to contest standard by any stretch of the imagination, I might have to come as Flixton Fanclub instead, cos Leisa's gonna buy me a drink if i do!!
  13. leisa

leisa Active Member

nooooo!!!! just helpin u stand the bar up or hold it up!!! i never said that :wink: i said u jmite get a free drink!! not frm me! :wink: :p
  14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

gutted :twisted:
  15. leisa

leisa Active Member

although if i get very drunk i may start buyin people drinks :wink:
  16. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

8) :wink:
  17. andyp

andyp Active Member

The bar at Fleetwood's Marine Hall is AFAIK the only bar in any contest tha's in the Good Beer Guide.
    I've had some wonderful conversations in there over the years.......I think![:I]
  18. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I'm gutted Leisa at your super quick and vehement denial of drink buying!!! And I was gonna buy you 2 drinks in return, but you've blown your chances now!!!
  19. leisa

leisa Active Member

well........if you were gonna buy me 2drinks in return for 1 why not just buy me 1 and we'll call it even??? :wink: :p
  20. leisa

leisa Active Member

Hiya Flixton still need basses and percussion for sunday at fleetwood if anyone can help please can you PM me or Sparkly i may buy drinks......... :wink: