Flaming students.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by deave, May 14, 2004.

1. deave

deave Member

Hey folks.

I know my band has got a bit of a reputation for being full of students, but i was wondering how many there are in other bands?!

In Sellers we have 8 brass music students (sop,3+4th men, 1st+2nd horn, 2nd bari, top trom + bass trom) plus another 2 percussion (music?) students. All at Huds except top trom who's at rncm and bass trom is from salford.

I thought it might be a chortlingly good topic!

p.s. We don't talk to the 2nd horn, cos he does music tech and is clever.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    music students
    students
    trom
    music
  3. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

If i went to the university brass band it would be entirely students but i dont so it isnt (well it is just that im not there)

4. deave

deave Member

what uni do u go to like?

5. missflugel

missflugel Member

Hey Deave, at Fishburn we have 3 students. Me on 2nd cornet whos finishing my Chinese and Japanese degree, solo horn whos doing biochemistry and one of our percussion players is doing modern languages. All of us are at Durham.

Jo x

6. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

We have four students plus two youngsters of school age. One plays cornet, one plays percussion and two trombones - one of which is fairly addicted to this website! :lol:

7. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

Co-op has six students - four at the RSAMD and two at Strathclyde... I think that's all. :D

8. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

erm haydock has at least 4 uni students one college and 3 school age people i think, dont count me to that coz i tend to have a habit of 4gettin ppl (sorree)

9. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

One goes to The University of Liverpool

10. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

we have 8.
    6 salford, 1 rncm and 1 york.

11. Pennine have 14... if I haven't missed anyone!

6 - hudds uni (4th man, 1st horn, solo trom, 2nd euph, 2nd bari, Eb Bass)
    2 - royal northern (Solo horn, Solo baritone)
    2 - school (Percussion)
    2 - college (Principle cornet, 2nd cornet)
    1 - Leeds (Percussion)
    1 - Salford (3rd man)

That's actually quite a lot :shock:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    music students
    students
    trom
    music
  13. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

At Wem we've got(i think) 3 at uni, 3 going to uni in september/october, and 4 in school. I may have mssed some out.

14. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

I think I'm the only one! Tho maybe one of the percussionists is a student too? I dunno, he keeps himself to himself... unusual for a percussionist I know!

15. davidsait

davidsait Member

The University of Warwick Brass Band has around 40 students, none of whom study music.

16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

who's that?

edit: oh rite.. prob jo.. thought she went on rep

17. Heppy

Heppy Member

1 at Huds
    1 at Chets
    Pannell is at UMIST but its his last job on sun so that dont count.
    We also have gary and Nick who used to be at Huds but have now taken up session playing (play then have a session afterwards at the Wooldale).
    Come to think of it, i'm the only person at my band at uni. Hoppiebari (The Hepworthshire Poacher) must be losing his touch with the students at Huddersfield Uni! Thats flaming old age for you!

18. Yup tis Miss Joseph Landon

19. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

We have a fair few people who've been through the various music colleges. Currently though we have (I think) two at Salford, one at the RNCM (two more going there in September) and little old me at Manchester Uni doing some kindof weird none music thing! :?

20. six pints

six pints Active Member

we have me, one person my age who's still at school who plays drums, and a 14yr old. however, i dont really go anymore to rehearsals, cant afford the £3.45 train fare! still do competitions, even when i have 3 hour physics exams in the morning (gonnafailgonnafailgonnafail) and i'm on crutches, and throwing up. my, wasnt today fun!

21. HBB

HBB Active Member

Only me and a drummer, both starting 6th form next year. :D

22. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

Is that haydock your referring to? if so, yep, our flugal is at liverpool. Studying summat to do with accountancy i think :?